Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just getting started...

Article about: Hey everyone, I'm looking to start a collection of WWII memorabilia and thought it would be helpful to join this forum for my own education & tips of the trade. Thanks, Andrew

Default Just getting started...

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to start a collection of WWII memorabilia and thought it would be helpful to join this forum for my own education & tips of the trade.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just getting started...
    P
    Many

You've chosen a very good place to start! You'll find nothing but polite, knowledgeable people here. There's a resident expert for just about every facet of militaria you can think of.

What area are you planning on starting out in? It's always a difficult choice.

Regards, B.B.

Hi Andrew,

You made excellent and wise decision to join here.
    This forum certainly will be very helpful for you.

Best regards,
    Franko

Welcome to the forum.. Whatever your collecting niche, there are some knowledgeable and helpful folks here..

Let us know your interests and we will try to point you in the right direction as to who to contact and militaria sales sites to avoid.

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    You've chosen a very good place to start! You'll find nothing but polite, knowledgeable people here. There's a resident expert for just about every facet of militaria you can think of.

What area are you planning on starting out in? It's always a difficult choice.

Regards, B.B.
    Polite? Better not let Larry make any comments on our new members threads.....lol!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm looking at M1 helmets for my 1st purchase...just started a new thread asking for advice on some I found online (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmets/newbie-looking-advice-m1-helmet-purchase-697056/), so hopefully I get some help from the resident experts!

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.. Whatever your collecting niche, there are some knowledgeable and helpful folks here..

Let us know your interests and we will try to point you in the right direction as to who to contact and militaria sales sites to avoid.

Smitty
    I would like to start with a M1 helmet & a German helmet, so dealers to contact and avoid would be very helpful.

MAP
    ?

Here is a list (post #4 in the thread). All based in the US. I have bought from a few if them myself. I heard Lux Militaria in Europe is good as well.

But...no dealer is perfect and you should never assume the item is original. ALWAYS post the helmet for review prior to purchase. An honest dealer will never mind.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-helmets/australia-helmet-dealers-518383/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Andrew - where are you based?
    From your other thread, USA?

I've heard good things on River Valley Militaria from my friends on this site. They have a fixed bale M1.

Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Andrew - where are you based?
    From your other thread, USA?

I've heard good things on River Valley Militaria from my friends on this site. They have a fixed bale M1.

Nick
    Yes, USA. Thanks for the tip on River Valley.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast