Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Level to calibrate guns?

Article about: Hi there, as an amateur-archeologist I am new to this group. I have already checked with numerous people if someone can identify the attached object that only recently was retrieved at a for

?

Default Level to calibrate guns?

Hi there,

as an amateur-archeologist I am new to this group. I have already checked with numerous people if someone can identify the attached object that only recently was retrieved at a former military barracks compound. I can not estimate how fast the deterioration with rust took place. Therefor the first assumption is that this object dates from the German occupation during WWII. It has been qualified as some sort of means to level military guns. Does it look familiar to anyone of you, and can you suggest further information or reading on this specific item ?

Thank you for your advise and information!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Level to calibrate guns?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This section is for new members to introduce themselves. No photos are accessible here.
    Once you are approved, I suggest you start a new thread in the correct section of the forum and post photos of your item there.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm guessing you may have unearthed a Winkelmesser 35, a clinometer for calibrating the elevation of artillery pieces.

Picture from Netherlands small ads.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

?

Hi BlackCat1982, thank you for your comment! Unfortunately I see that the attachment is pending approval (Do not know what that means). Alternatively I searched Google for the Winkelmesser 35, but it came up with a completely different instrument. So now I'm curious what picture you posted. How long does this 'pending' take to your experience ? Regards,

?

Thank you Ralph for the correction. I did not notice... I must admit however that I received a response, but since the response seems not to have met my request I guess that is due to the fact my pictures could not be viewed ?
    I tried to introduce myself as far as appropriate, but that does not seem enough ? Cheers, Wim

Once you are approved please start a new thread in the appropriate forum. I’m quite interested in what you found and am looking forward to viewable pictures.

Clearly not a Winkelmesser 35 you found.