Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Making a book about the first world war with our class

Article about: Hello everyone I'm a student from Belgium (Passchendaele) and we're making a book about German soldiers in Roeselare in the first world war. I've got a question about a picture but I don't k

Default Making a book about the first world war with our class

Hello everyone

I'm a student from Belgium (Passchendaele) and we're making a book about German soldiers in Roeselare in the first world war. I've got a question about a picture but I don't know if I'm posting this at the right place, so could someone help me find the answer to my question.

So this is a German soldier in world war 1 in located in Roeselare. I need to know what rank he is and preferably also a couloured version of this uniform. My teacher also asked if I could find a couloured version of this soldier's little stick (I don't know what it's called).

Thank you in advance
    Kind regards
    Gauthier
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Making a book about the first world war with our class
    P
    Many

?

Hi Gauthier, welcome to the forum.

Pictures don’t show in the new users forum. You have to put it in the right section after approval.

Nice to have this subject about WW1 in your own area !

Kind regards.

MAP
    ?

Welcome Gauthier,

I would recommend you start a new thread in the section linked below and post your photo and questions. You will get the most "views" for members that can help you out.

Generally the uniforms would be Feldgrau (Field Grey) with different variations in shades based on the type of fabric and dyes used. As the photo is in black and white, it can be difficult to determine the branch of service as typically indicated by the waffenfarb colors on the pipping of the uniform. But the most common would be Infantry (white) or Artillery (red). White is generally easy to tell but other lighter waffenfarb colors could be mistaken in B&W photos.

The "stick" could be a riding crop for horses but also what is also called a "swagger stick"

Good luck on your book assignment.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ustro-hungary/

And while you wait.....here is a good link

Kaiser's Bunker
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Gauthier,
    Looking forward to see the photo.
    It looks like MAP gave you a awesome link to find the color of the Tunics worn!!

Semper Fi
    Phil