Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

An militia awards collector who needs help

Article about: Hello everyone, i am an collector of various medals, awards and so on. I have gotten many third reich, soviet and finnish awards and i am striving to get more. Currently i have a Soviet Unio

Question An militia awards collector who needs help

Hello everyone,

i am an collector of various medals, awards and so on. I have gotten many third reich, soviet and finnish awards and i am striving to get more. Currently i have a Soviet Union World War II-era medal, the Order of the Red Star, ( https://www.identifymedals.com/database/medals-by-country/russia-ussr-medals/the-order-of-the-red-star/ ) with the serial number 1058338. I attempted to search for this serial number in the Podvig Naroda database and many other databases but no results. So i decided to register here to look for help and potentialy help others, to join the community if to phrase it otherwise. anyone provide guidance or help in identifying the recipient? Any assistance or direction to other resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An militia awards collector who needs help
    P
    Many

?

Greetings Ilja,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm confident that here you will find many very knowledgeable users who are more than willing to assist.

All the best,

Tracy

Checking Paul Schmidt's excellent book Echos of War; Researching Soviet Decorations.

Red Star Serial # 1052838 was issued 5 July, 1944 50th Guards Rifle Division

Red Star Serial # 1059868 was issued 19 February, 1945 48th Army

Your star was issued sometime between or within those two blocks. Not finding anything on Podvig Naroda might indicate 1) SMERSH or 2) NKVD affiliation. Or could be as simple as an oversight on entry of award. If you want more information and possible citation, I suggest Matt Jensen at Sovietorders.com. Excellent person and great with research.,

Regards,

Gerry C

JustMeinKC!

The only thing I know is that I don't know everything.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.