Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Monte cassino cross

Article about: Hi, looking for information on the Monte Cassino cross no: 10171 . Thank you.

?

Default Monte cassino cross

Hi, looking for information on the Monte Cassino cross no: 10171 . Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Monte cassino cross
    P
    Many

Hello Kas.

Welcome aboard.

When you are approved (should not take long) I think this forum would probably the best place to ask your question -

Monte Cassino cross

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Thank you. Looking forward to finding some information about this medal. Regards.

Hello Kas11,

May I welcome you to the forum, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 10171, the recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Ptak

Christian Name : Tadeusz

Date of Birth : 1920

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1920-22-III

Unit : 3KPAPL

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 10171

By the end of the war in Europe, he had been promoted to Bombadier (Lance Corporal/Artillery)

That was all that I was able to glean for you for his service, I did find a Tadeusz Ptak Born in 1920 died in Kettering 28th September 2007, if you purchased the Cross near Kettering I would say that this is your Man.

Once again welcome to the Forum and I look forward to seeing your post's

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello, thank you so much for this information. I was confused because when I researched the groups who received these medals, this number falls in the “killed in action” category. Is this correct? Kind regards

Quote by Kas11 View Post
    I was confused because when I researched the groups who received these medals, this number falls in the “killed in action” category. Is this correct? Kind regards
    Not likely, if he died in 2007.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Kas11,

Many thanks for your post, those soldiers from the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division killed at Monte Cassino were awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered between 751 and 1102 which amounts to a total of 351 who were awarded the Monte Cassino Cross posthumously.

I hope that the above information clarifies everything for you Kas.

Once again welcome to the forum

Best wishes

Andrzej