Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New member from South Dakota interested in military dirks and Soviet caps & medals

Article about: Hello everyone, My name is Chris, and I am what I would classify as an aspiring to early stage war relics collector, but with a longer family history of collecting war relics. I have a parti

Default New member from South Dakota interested in military dirks and Soviet caps & medals

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, and I am what I would classify as an aspiring to early stage war relics collector, but with a longer family history of collecting war relics. I have a particular interest in Soviet military visor caps, Soviet medals, and military dirks (particularly Third Reich and Japanese). Much of my interest in collecting these items is rooted in my father and grandfather's collections. In particular, my grandfather had a few Japanese items from when he served during WWII and Korea, and my father has a number of Soviet medals and visor caps, and Third Reich daggers from having lived in both eastern and western Europe and traveled quite a bit to the USSR for work. Growing up, these always fascinated me and have been something I was interested in trying to collect more of.

I currently have a number of Soviet military visor caps and medals that were purchased by my father when he was traveling to the USSR for work and hope to expand those collections in the future, and I am hoping to begin my own collection of military dirks. I have been focusing recently, however, on learning details on determining the authenticity of various items, and in the process have discovered that it appears some of the items in my and my father's collection appear to be dubious in some regards. I've joined the forums here to learn more about the items I am interested in collecting further, obtain additional input from more experienced collectors on some of our items, and hopefully obtain input and advice as I proceed with trying to expand my own collections.

Thanks and look forward to contributing.

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member from South Dakota interested in military dirks and Soviet caps & medals
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum Chris,
    Sounds like you have an interest that is also shared here.
    I don't think you will have a problem with help identify/verify the items you have questions about.
    Enjoy your stay and Take care
    Semper Fi
    Phil.
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-28-2019 at 03:58 PM.