Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New member from UK - complete novice

Article about: Hello As the name suggests, I am a complete novice but have inherited lots of badges etc from my father. I was hoping to get some advice on some of them from the forum. For example by using

Default New member from UK - complete novice

Hello
    As the name suggests, I am a complete novice but have inherited lots of badges etc from my father. I was hoping to get some advice on some of them from the forum.
    For example by using the internet to search I think I have discovered that the attached are collar boards for a Reichsmarshall. As far as I am aware the Reichsmarshall was Goring and it is extremely unlikely that I have his collar boards. So my question is would these have been used for another rank/role I cannot find or are they replicas made later?
    Many thanks for any help/adviceNew member from UK - complete novice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member from UK - complete novice
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum Novice..

We look forward to seeing what you have in your collection and we will be able to determine from good photos of all angles of your items if they are indeed authentic or reproduction. To answer your question about reproductions, yes, there are literally thousands of reproductions out there on almost every Third Reich award, shoulder board, combat badge, helmet, dagger, etc..

But... Do not be discouraged because you may also have authentic items.. To answer your question about the Reichsmarshall collar tabs, It is unlikely that they are original but once pictures are posted we will be able to better evaluate.

High quality copies of the Reichsmarsall's tabs have been made for uniforms in museums to represent what Goering's uniform would have most likely looked like when he wore it so that is a common thing to have reproductions on uniforms displayed..

Looking forward to seeing what you have so enjoy yourself and happy collecting

Smitty

Welcome!...

Welcome aboard - looking forward to seeing your items.
    Nick