MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

New to Militaria

Article about: Hi, My name's Ant, but I am known to most as Fatmanupnorth or just plain old Fatty. I have recently had more of a disposable income, and have started attending auctions. I have always been i

Default New to Militaria

Hi, My name's Ant, but I am known to most as Fatmanupnorth or just plain old Fatty.

I have recently had more of a disposable income, and have started attending auctions. I have always been interested in the World Wars and history, and started buying things that caught my eye.

I have started to find my attention being caught by militaria, unfortunately I am not so knowledgeable, and am either outbid, or scared of being ripped off.
    I'm looking through the forums on here and am looking for answers and information on any items I have bought, or may be thinking to buy.

Think I've blabbered on enough for now. Hopefully I will be accepted, and I can show you my Spanish Honour N.O.K medal.

Ciao for now

Fatty.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to Militaria
    P
    Many

Welcome aboard, Fatty

Regards
    Santi

Hi Fatty,

This must be a first for me... naming someone 'Fatty' without causing offence! Welcome on board anyway, and just whereabouts up North does Fatmanupnorth reside? Is it UK up north or US?

Cheers,
    Steve

Hiya Steve, It's the UK.

Used to be mistaken by the Americans for Father Christmas. I had never even thought of that tenuous link before.

Quote by Fatmanupnorth View Post
    Hiya Steve, It's the UK.

Used to be mistaken by the Americans for Father Christmas. I had never even thought of that tenuous link before.
    Hi Ant,

Depending how far south you live from Hadrian's wall, there is an upcoming arms & militaria fair on Sunday July 3rd that might interest you. Although its called the Preston Arms fair, it isn't. After the closure of the last venue they used at Park Hall, Chorley, it has relocated to the Mercure Georgian House Hotel at Blackrod (BL6 5RU). This will be the first one at the new venue. It's usually quite a large event.

Update...ha ha... I've just noticed your location!

Cheers,
    Steve

Welcome !

Gerry C.

From the Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

?

Welcome to the forum Ant,

Semper Fi
    Phil

Welcome to the hobby! Be prepared, it's full of mysteries. Every now and then you'll find your wallet empties itself, and a few days later the postie turns up with a box or two. It happens to most of us on a regular basis, especially these last couple of years.

Jokes aside, you've started in a great place. The best thing to do is to figure out what appeals to you the most, and do as much reading on the subject as you can. There's a wealth of knowledge here, both written and in photographs, that will help you along the way. Post anything you're thinking of buying here first if in doubt, and remember that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Regards, B.B.

Welcome Ant
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.