Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New militaria enthusiast

Article about: Hello! I joined the forum to discuss militaria, especially daggers. I don't own any yet, but I'm looking into getting my first one just now and wanted to ask opinions on it as I don't know p

Default New militaria enthusiast

Hello!

I joined the forum to discuss militaria, especially daggers. I don't own any yet, but I'm looking into getting my first one just now and wanted to ask opinions on it as I don't know personally anyone who to ask and I'm a beginner in the hobby. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New militaria enthusiast
    P
    Many

Default Assessment for this police bayonet?

This is the item I was referring to in my initial post, I guess I might as well post the assessment request right here in this thread before I have access to post on the police bayonet subforum.

Any assessment on the authenticity of the bayonet would be greatly appreciated, the auction ends in a couple of days. I'm looking to bid on this as my first edged weapon purchase, I'm aware it's not the finest specimen, but the price is very reasonable on it currently in my opinion so it's something I would be able to get now. The current bid on it is 215€, to me that seems like a good price for this item. Would you agree? The highest I would be ready to pay for this would be around 250€ to 300€.

I think it's authentic, would you agree? The only thing I haven't seen before is the marking with just the number "11" on it with no letters or Roman numerals, is that normal? How about the mortise, I know those are rarer to have on police dress bayonets, but does it look authentic to you? Especially the "square" shaped side of it? The seller says that the frog is likely a post war reproduction. I don't have better pictures of the scabbard, so I don't know if there's any markings in there. The scabbard is in a pretty rough shape, but the bayonet itself seems pretty decent.
    It has the 35-41 Eickhorn logo as far as I know, where these types made during that period as new or were they all cut down from Weimar period pieces?

Any help with this would be really appreciated!

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Made a thread about this to the proper subforum, so please answer there, thank you! Help w/ Police Bayonet for a Novice