Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New User Introduction

Article about: Hello Everyone, I’m a brand new user of the forums, but I’ve read a bit and finally decided to register. I live in Colorado, USA. I came to these forums because I have a German sword and

RTP
    ?

Default New User Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I’m a brand new user of the forums, but I’ve read a bit and finally decided to register. I live in Colorado, USA.

I came to these forums because I have a German sword and bayonet that were given to me by my great-uncle about 35 years ago. He served in the US Army in WWII, and brought these relics back when he returned. Unfortunately, he died years ago, and I was never able to ask him for details.

Full disclosure: I know absolutely nothing about swords, but I’ve been browsing the forums trying to learn. I’m impressed by the level of knowledge here, and I was hoping to post pictures of what I have so I can learn more about my specific pieces. I know that I am required to use the image hosting provided by WRF. :-)

Thank you for providing such a valuable resource.

RTP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New User Introduction
    P
    Many

?

Hello RTP,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You will find many here who have a passion for edged weapons. Myself included.
    Looking forward to seeing what you have and hoping that you get your answers you seek.

Semper Fi
    Phil

RTP
    ?

Thank you AZPhil!

I’m not sure about the correct forum to post my pictures, because I’m not positive of their age/war. But I’ll do my best to upload good photos to an appropriate place, and I’m sure other members will correct me if I go wrong.

Looking forward to learning!

MAP
    ?

If you are sure it is German but unsure of the period, start by posting it here. If it is wrong, a Mod can move it for you. Take a quick look and see if they closely match anything you have. If the swords has a swastika on it, it is most definitely WW2 period.

Sword

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sword...reich-austria/

Bayonet

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-bayonet/

And here is a quick guide for uploading photos

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

RTP,
    Your off to a great start with the Thank You.
    That goes a LOOOONNNGGG way here when asking for help with identification.

Good Deal. Looking forward to seeing your post here.

And it looks like MAP showed you where to post them!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

RTP
    ?

Many thanks MAP!! I will get pictures of each uploaded to the places you suggested ASAP - likely tomorrow.

The bayonet does have a swastika, the sword does not (that I can find). I don’t think I have anything unique, as I’m sure the experts here have seen just about everything. My primary goal is to gather information, so when I pass them on to the next generation, at least I can provide a bit of background.

My only hope is that I’m able to contribute something here. But I’m not sure what, since I’m a complete newbie to this world. If nothing else, I’m very grateful for the warm welcome. Thanks in advance for any other help.

MAP
    ?

Is it a bayonet? They typically do not have swastikas (except for the tiny waffenamt proof marks). Are you sure it isn't a dagger? Either way, take a look at some of the sub-forums in the link below and you may find a type match

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...s-third-reich/

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RTP
    ?

Oh dear, you’ve perhaps already exposed how little I know. Sorry.

It seems (to me) to resemble a bayonet more than a dagger. You’ve got me even more curious now, so I took a few quick photos. Hopefully you can see the manufacturer engravings on the blade. It has 29 stamped on it and the case (scabbard?). PLEASE forgive me- I don’t know the correct terminology yet.

The blade is in pretty rough shape, but the tip is still very pointy. I have not done *anything* to it, in terms of cleaning/polishing/sharpening since it was given to me. I know from the coin collecting world that polishing things is a no-no, and I assume the same applies here.

Anyway, pictures are here, just for help to identify it. I will post them again once I know what exactly it is.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Photos are blocked in this section

What you have is indeed a bayonet but it is a police version made by WKC

I should have put 2 and 2 together. I was assuming it was a K98 military bayonet

Post it here for review

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fire-police-bayonets/

Here is a link on the WKC trademark

WKC trademark evolution

RTP
    ?

Excellent, at least now I know where to start. Apologies for trying to put pics here. Feel free to delete. I’ll post it and the pictures in the police bayonet forum.

I’ve learned something already, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast