MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

New user seeking help

Article about: Dear fellow users Firstly thank you for allowing me to join this forum. My interest lies mostly in aviation relics and thought this site my allow people to share information with me or me wi

Default New user seeking help

Dear fellow users

Firstly thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

My interest lies mostly in aviation relics and thought this site my allow people to share information with me or me with you.

I am fortunate enough to own a crash recovered Rolls Royce Merlin engine from a Spitfire lost over Coquelles in France in 1941. This was recovered in the 80’s by a joint French/British team with the nesscessary permissions. The engine was in the Calais war museum for many years and eventually came back to the UK in early 2000’s.

Not a huge amount was known about the aircraft and so I have spent a long time researching to learn more. I am pleased to say that I now have the vast majority of information together. She was an early MKIIb Spitfire belonging ton303 squadron the Polish. Her pilot was the Commanding Officer of 1 Polish Fighter Wing.

I have been trying to locate any of the remaining wreckage including the propellers that have gone missing since the initial recovery. I have written to both the museum and the local mayor to ask for any local leads or information.

I am going to the area and the two contact points mentioned next month to try and discover more. Any other pointers locally would be great.

Best Scott
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New user seeking help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New user seeking help
    P
    Many