Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Novice collector

Article about: Greetings folks, I started collecting WW2 German militaria several years ago when I purchased two Kriegsmarine pocket watches with rather ornate engraved brass cases, a rather intricate ligh

Default Novice collector

Greetings folks,
    I started collecting WW2 German militaria several years ago when I purchased two Kriegsmarine pocket watches with rather ornate engraved brass cases, a rather intricate lighter, and several pins from a Russian antique dealer in my home town. Regrettably, those items were lost and I have been unable to find replacements.
    I decided to pick up the hobby again today. I ordered a rather expensive armband earlier today and was brimming with excitement because of it. The site seemed legit. However, after reading a post on here, I noticed something in the pictures that didn't sit well with me. I am no expert, but after comparing authentic items here to theirs I felt like I was getting ripped off. And you know the saying, "If it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck....".
    So I figured I'd sign up here to start my journey and develop a life long hobby. Because, I for one believe that history should be preserved. I am hoping to find reliable resources and insight to this hobby. I would like to have a rather noteworthy authentic collection that I will donate to a museum when I am ready to give it up. Or if I make a lifelong friend here, leave it to them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Novice collector
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome aboard

Regards
    Santi

Thank you very much.