Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Novice needs help identifying a military uniform/insignia

Article about: Hi, The attached photo was found among my deceased father's things. We believe it was a friend or relative of my grandfather, who emigrated from Poland to the US in the 19-teens. I don't kno

?

Default Novice needs help identifying a military uniform/insignia

Hi, The attached photo was found among my deceased father's things. We believe it was a friend or relative of my grandfather, who emigrated from Poland to the US in the 19-teens. I don't know if my grandfather took this photo with him as a memento when he left Poland or if it was mailed to him some time later. Can anyone confirm that this is a Polish military uniform, and perhaps tell me what branch of the military the man is in on the basis of the style of the uniform and the insignia on the hat (eagle), sleeve (is that an anchor on crossed swords?) and collar (decorated with zigzag braiding/piping)? Is this a WWI uniform or could it predate or post-date that? Any help would be much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Novice needs help identifying a military uniform/insignia   Novice needs help identifying a military uniform/insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Novice needs help identifying a military uniform/insignia
    P
    Many