Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Personal Introduction

Article about: To: War Relics, My passion for learning the history of WW2 stemmed from childhood. My father, who was a WW2 survivor, would share many of his personal stories with me. He also discussed his

Default Personal Introduction

To: War Relics,

My passion for learning the history of WW2 stemmed from childhood. My father, who was a WW2 survivor, would share many of his personal stories with me. He also discussed his experiences while we watched the series “The World at War.” This led me to my interest in collecting historical militaria from this time period.

Recently, in my endless search for information, I came across the WarRelics.eu website and found it to be a valuable source. That is why I feel it would be important for me to become a member of your community.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity.

FlorianGeyer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personal Introduction
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Florian.

Ahh...the old "The World at War" series. I too would sit with my father and watch them over and over when I was a kid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I also saw "The World at War" with my father and my brother at fourteen or fifteen. It was the best of Friday. Beautiful memories, too.

Welcome to WRF, the World at War series will stand, for all time, the interviewees, in their 50s/60s, look younger the older that I get ! This period of history has so many levels of interest, the artefacts, the events, the personalities, the list is endless....there's never something, NOT to learn !
    All the best mate !
    Regards
    Paul

Welcome aboard mate. There's a common theme here, I also watched the World At War with my Dad, a WW2 veteran, back in the seventies. I have the series on DVD now but I no longer have my Dad to watch it with. I think that series along with our fathers stories got a lot of us hooked on this fascinating hobby.

Thank you for welcoming me to WRF. Great memories associated with The World at War! Prior to my father's passing, my wife and I had him record his WW2 personal experiences. In his own voice, we got a treasure trove of information.

Thanks again,

FlorianGeyer

?

Welcome to the forum Florian.

That recording is a true treasure. Keep it safe!
    Where did he serve?

Semper Fi
    Phil

+1 here - World At War, I remember it was Tuesday nights at 8pm and we didn't have a VCR.
    I had to get in to my PJs so i was ready for bed at 9pm so i must of been quite young.
    Absolutely cracking series, especially for its time.
    Nick

Hello AZ. It was tough for us to listen to the recording after his passing, but very happy to have it. To answer your question, my father served in Germany and Czechoslovakia.

Default The World at War

As soon as I hear that memorable opening theme to "The World at War" I think of the time I watched it with my dad.

YouTube