Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please approve me!

Article about: Hi, I am Robert from the UK. I came across these forums as I have had a samurai sword for a while now which I don't like since either it is: a) fake, which is preferable due to b, below, or

Default Please approve me!

Hi, I am Robert from the UK.

I came across these forums as I have had a samurai sword for a while now which I don't like since either it is:

a) fake, which is preferable due to b, below, or
    b) real, and my great-uncle, who was more like my granda, was a naval officer in WW11, and he despised the Japanese soldiers, said their prisoner of war camps were extraordinarily cruel and would not ever discuss it.

I wanted to simply find out if you good people could let me know if it was real. If it's fake then can I take it to the police to dispose of? If it 's real, then how much is it worth? And if you could point me in the right direction to sell it.

That was the intention, then last night I found some fascinating posts from the members about the history of the swords. So, whilst I still want rid of the sword, I think I may stay here and learn more, if that's ok with you!

Many thanks, Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please approve me!
    P
    Many

Welcome Bob, i cannot help you with your sword as that is not my area, but others here certainly will and I love your manners. I am sure you will be a very much appreciated member of the forum. Leon.

Thank you Leon. I must say your signature quote is most excellent! I have never heard that before!

Hopefully the experts can help. I have found a stamp on it so I will add that to the post.