Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to ID and evaluate WW2 items

Article about: Hi- I have some items that were brought back from Germany by my grandad during WW2, mostly badges and insignia. Some armbands as well. I found this cigar box of "trinkets" he'd com

?

Default Trying to ID and evaluate WW2 items

Hi-
    I have some items that were brought back from Germany by my grandad during WW2, mostly badges and insignia. Some armbands as well.
    I found this cigar box of "trinkets" he'd come back with, mostly German. He never really talked about the war, only that he was disappointed not to have been able to meet his mother's cousins who lived in the area he was posted. So I really have no idea how he got hold of these items.
    Thank you for your consideration!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trying to ID and evaluate WW2 items
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.. Look forward to seeing the items so we can assist in identifying them..

Smitty

?

Thanks for adding me to the group!

So I have these two pins, that came from Germany during the war. However, I don't even know if they are German, whether they are collar or cap badges or pins, or what they are made of. Both are a bright gold color and are not magnetic.

The crossed arrow pin is 2 1/4 inches long and 3/4 inch wide (and the photo may be upside down..) The bus pin is 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.

Thank you for looking, I appreciate any suggestions you may have!Trying to ID and evaluate WW2 itemsTrying to ID and evaluate WW2 itemsTrying to ID and evaluate WW2 itemsTrying to ID and evaluate WW2 items