Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value

Article about: Hi everyone....i am new here and I would like some information on a F.S. fighting knife that I just acquired. This appears to be a 2nd pattern and would probably be a private purchase becaus

?

Default wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value

Hi everyone....i am new here and I would like some information on a F.S. fighting knife that I just acquired. This appears to be a 2nd pattern and would probably be a private purchase because of the name etched on the blade...this is what I read on some site but since I am no expert on the matter, I would like some opinion on it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value   wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value  

wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value   wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value  

wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value   wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wilkinson f.s. fighting knife value
    P
    Many

Welcome!
    You are correct, it is a 2nd. pattern FS by Wilkinson.
    I'm not sure if it is a private purchase or not but it has two different names on it so, not sure what would have transpired.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A very nice and collectable private purchase 2nd pattern Wilkinson FS. These private purchase knives were available during WW2 and those buying them often had their name etched (by WSC) in the scroll design as shown in this knife. So Denton would been the original owner. On the other side we see the name "Capt J. Dupruis" and I think we can assume Dupruis acquired the knife from Denton and to establish his ownership had his name engraved on the blade, probably by a jeweller. These private purchase knife are identical to the ones Wilkinson supplied to the Government, just one pulled out of a batch to sell to an off the street customer.

?

That's right Anderson...if I recall the person who sold it to me said it belonged to his grand father (Dupuis) and he had bought the knife from someone else (maybe Denton) and had his name engraved on it. Would anyone know the approximate value of this knife??

Quote by amigo View Post
    That's right Anderson...if I recall the person who sold it to me said it belonged to his grand father (Dupuis) and he had bought the knife from someone else (maybe Denton) and had his name engraved on it. Would anyone know the approximate value of this knife??
    Sorry,
    We are more than willing to help you with authenticity but we do not give free appraisals.
    You will have to do your own homework for that.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)