Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Working on Family Memoir

Article about: My Uncle served in the Army in WW2 in the South Pacific. He was killed in action. I am writing a narrative on my uncle based on many letters he had written to my mother as well as some of th

Default Working on Family Memoir

My Uncle served in the Army in WW2 in the South Pacific. He was killed in action. I am writing a narrative on my uncle based on many letters he had written to my mother as well as some of the memorabilia he sent home. My uncle participated in the Battle of Munda. Like many of the soldiers, he collected souvenirs. Among them were parts of what I believe to be the fuselage of the Zero airplane. I have two metal plates about 3" X 2" with Japanese characters. I would like to know more about these parts and return them to a Japanese war museum if one exists. I will try to post a picture of these parts. I am hoping someone can provide some information to me about these parts. I also have some jewelry made from the aluminum. One piece in particular is very unique showing lots of skill. I am wondering what kind of tools might be used. I also have a Japanese dog tag from the same war zone. I read Nick Komiya's detailed history on the dog tags. It is my hope that if I return the dog tag along with the parts of the Zero to a museum someone could do indepth research and perhaps return the tag to one of the deceased descendants. Any help I can get will be so appreciated.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Working on Family Memoir
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    This section is for new member introductions, no photos are accessible.
    When you are approved, you can post your photos in the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

How does one know if he/she has been approved?

Quote by Przybylski View Post
    How does one know if he/she has been approved?
    Try posting a new thread in the section with the closest content to your area interest.
    You should find out right away if it allows you to or not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum! Your endeavor is very interesting. I'm sure some of our members will be able to help out with some of what you're asking. It shouldn't take too long to get approved. Once you are, post your inquiries in the appropriate sections on the forum to get help from those that have more knowledge on the items. You might have to post different objects in different sections. Take as many good, detailed photos as you can of the objects, especially anything with a logo or marker mark, etc. Title it by whatever the object is to better alert those that know about those sorts of objects.

Good luck!
    -Robyn