Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

3rd Reight Badge (Tinnie?)

Article about: Can anyone give me any info abouttyhis please. It appears to be made from Alluminium. I can't find anything like it anywhere. Any info greatly appreciated.

Default 3rd Reight Badge (Tinnie?)

Can anyone give me any info about this badge please.
    It appears to be made from Alluminium.
    I can't find anything like it anywhere.

Any info greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3rd Reight Badge (Tinnie?)
    P
    Many

Wrong forum section

Agreed btw here i leave a link from Espenlaub militaria of a visor with a very similar insignia 3rd Reich Factory protection police Werkschutz Polizei officers visor hat

CBH
    ?

Matt is correct, it a hat eagle for the Werkschutz Polizei (factory police) missing it's prongs.
    Here is my example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd Reight Badge (Tinnie?)   3rd Reight Badge (Tinnie?)  

Quote by CBH View Post
    Matt is correct, it a hat eagle for the Werkschutz Polizei (factory police) missing it's prongs.
    Here is my example.
    Ah thats excellent info

Questions - I cant see how the brass strip is attached. Is it just clamped in place or soldered perhaps?

How rare is this and what sort of value would it have if complete and what value as is?

Is this just part of a factory workers uniform then - a bit like a train driver would wear?

Finally, as I cannot see any numbers (Or maker) and because my brass fittings appear to be a 'Strip' whereas your one seems to be two individual prongs, I would wonder if mine is gen.

CBH
    ?

Mine has small disks soldered to the prongs, then the prongs soldered to the eagle.
    These are relatively rare, only those who guarded the factories would wear these.
    But they aren't as sought after as SS items who command the highest values.
    Being damaged effects the value, usually by 25/50%, We don't like to discuss values on this Forum.

It seems Chris, that yours is the only one I can find on the great WWW and I havent seen any therfor, with the brass strip as opposed to the prongs that your has.

Have you seen this type or do you imagine mine is a repro?

As its quite unusual and obviously I would like to know its worth, where would I go to find that?

My guess would be around $30 in this cond. Could you indicate if you think I stand a better chance of meeting a dinosaur or if I am cheating myself if sold for that?

Thanks again.

CBH
    ?

I've recently seen both examples listed on the Germanwarbooty site, they where rather expensive, so 30 in that condition is a good price. Damaged like on your example usually reduces value by 30/50% as they still display well but won't easily attach to a hat. Sorry for my late reply.