Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Armband

Article about: Hi Forum I have been offered this armband, but I am in doubt if it is real ? Best regards John

Default Armband

Hi Forum
    I have been offered this armband, but I am in doubt if it is real ?
    Best regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armband   Armband  

Armband   Armband  

Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armband
    P
    Many

Hello John that is an extremely interesting piece. I thinks it's good to be skeptical with most unfamiliar TR items we encounter, and while I cannot find another similar example as the one you posted; I half to say I find it convincing. My reasoning is, if I were told five years ago that nsdap votive candle holders and Christmas tree decorations existed, I would of called that person a liar amongst other things. This canvas temporary armband reminds me of something distributed during a rally or parade, much like the small flags often seen pictured at such events. If it is of a smaller size in diameter I would think it was made for a woman or a child, neither of which typically wore such armbands like those seen on party members or SA men etc. I think the construction markings, and general wear it exhibits are convincing, and I can see the logic and or need for such a piece, with all the self promotion and propaganda the party used so effectively to promote their ideals and agendas. I wish I could support it with fact. But personally I would feel comfortable with it being of period. Of course it's not my money to spend so the decision is yours. If I come across any further concrete information I will surely post it, and of course all other opinions are always welcome. Best regards.

Brian

I am inclined to agree with Brian. It exhibits qualities that make me think of small parade flags and so forth. NH

Hi Brian
    Thank you for a very nice info, I will buy it, I am sure it is real but anyhow the price is nice, seller wants only 15 Euro :-)
    Best regards
    John

I don't think you can go wrong for that price John! A great pickup. Please post more pics after it arrives please? Best regards.

Brian

Hi Brian
    I waited just a bit too long, the armband was sold to another collector, but I managed to get another, it is not an armband, it has to be sewen on to something, do you know it purpose or what it belongs to ?
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armband   Armband  

Looks like another temporary use item. I say that because like the first armband, the seams are not sown. In the second example it appears the edge is cut with shears to give a zigzag edge to prevent thread run. Also the white circle has no folded edge. So these are cheap and quick production possibly for mass usage and display. Numerous possible uses.

Thank you for your elaborate info, there are so many "pieces" from the 3rd Reich, it is impossible to know them all :-)
    regards
    John