Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original

Article about: Hello All, In my never ending pursuit of the unusual... I posted this badge down in the Axis section but for more visibility I thought I would pop it in here. So it is an enamel badge 35mm b

Serhio
    ?

Hi all!

I am from city of Zrenjanin, which is a region of Banat, North Serbia and Im looking to buy these kind of badges. Can somebody direct me to where I can find them? Thank you very much!

2. # ADS

Serhio if you read the thread they are available on the German auction site.
    The auction listing comes and goes with never having any sales.

Good hunting
    Doug

Why would you want to buy a badge that is modern and never existed in the period?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Probably he's the seller and wants to make people think these are actually real by acting like he has been searching the world over for them. I do think I have seen these things here before. I just don't recall the thread.

Serhio
    ?

no im not a seller, my grandad remembers them when he was a kid, so Im trying to find some for him.

It is interesting that your Granddad remembers them Serhio.

I think it is quite understandable from this thread that these badges are purely fantasy pieces produced in Eastern Europe with the intention to deceive.

I would be convinced if there was photographic evidence or documentation that proved the existence of the badges during the TR period.

Somewhere in my collection I have a German magazine devoted to the Banat region (I acquired this in my study of these reproduction badges) which does not have any reference to any of these badges.

If you are still interested in TR period Banat items I notice there is a postcard picture of the Sportfest der Deutschen Jugend im Banat for sale on the auction site I refer to above.

Doug
    Quote by Serhio View Post
    no im not a seller, my grandad remembers them when he was a kid, so Im trying to find some for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2