Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original

Article about: Hello All, In my never ending pursuit of the unusual... I posted this badge down in the Axis section but for more visibility I thought I would pop it in here. So it is an enamel badge 35mm b

Default BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original

Hello All,
    In my never ending pursuit of the unusual...
    I posted this badge down in the Axis section but for more visibility I thought I would pop it in here.
    So it is an enamel badge 35mm by 20mm ish

Maker marked on the pin.

Has anybody seen this badge before or any reproductions of it?

Any info appreciated.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original   BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original  

BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original   BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BANAT Badge Fantasy or Original
    P
    Many

Arrrgh!
    Luckily I have been informed that it is one of a series of fantasy BANAT badges produced in the East

Doug

CBH
    ?

I was watching this tread , didn't like the pin or it's holder .
    But wouldn't comment because it's something I've never seen before .

?

Same here Chris , but the badge itself looks really well made and looks to be showing wear and patina so thought it may have a chance ! Seems like a lot of effort has gone into it .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

CBH
    ?

It's always the hardware that tells the tale .

Hello Both,
    thank you for the input.
    You are quite right Al it is very well made and not of the usual Eastern quality enamel and it does have a good looking patina.
    I did eventually get given the steer by Jo Rivett who kindly sent me a picture of a whole series of these BANAT fantasy badges...They are all of similar looking good quality but were never made pre '45.

So thanks again to Jo another bundle of bad badges have been discovered.

All the best
    Doug

Hello All,
    Jo kindly gave his permission to post the pictures of the current fantasy badges that are being pushed out as genuine.

Please see below

BANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or Original

All the best
    Doug

?

Thanks Doug !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

MAP
    ?

Not something I've seen or heard of before. Are you saying any BANAT badge is fake? Or just these?

Just asking so I understand.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello All,
    it looks as though the seller has decided to have another go at selling the series of badges again on militaria321
    Based in Switzerland here is his description and auction link:

Militaria321.com - Auction - militaria321.com

1299 Euros

GROSSE SAMMLUNG 20. STÜCK / WAFFEN XX "PRINZ EUGEN" UND ABZEICHEN XX BANAT / TOTENKOPFRING MIT STEMPEL 835 / TOTENKOPF ABZEICHEN FÜR MÜTZEN MIT STEMPEL 1942 / VIEL ABZEICHEN MIT STEMPEL HINTEN F.Z.WER. - BANAT (FRANZ ZOFFMANN-WERSCHETZ) / UND STEMPEL F.Z.W. (FRANZ ZOFFMANN WERSCHETZ) / JETON FÜR DIE KANTINE "PRINZ EUGEN" JAHR 1944 / DIE SAMMLUNG IST DIE JAHRE NACH DEM 2. WK, WURDE VON EINEM DER TITO-PARTISANEN GENERÄLEN GEHÖRT (BELGRAD-REPUBLIK SERBIEN) / ABSOLUTE RARITÄT !!!! SEHR, SEHR SCHWER ZU FINDEN !!! / ALLES DIREKT AUS BANAT / Die Banater Schwaben lebten seit dem 18. Jahrhundert in Südosteuropa. Die Identität als Deutsche wirkte ebenso nach wie Erfahrungen, die sie in mehr als 150 Jahren als Minderheit in der Fremde machten. Als 1941 deutsche Einheiten Jugoslawien besetzten, wurden sie von den Banater Schwaben euphorisch begrüßt. Als volksdeutsche SS- Division »Prinz Eugen« beteiligten sie sich dann an der grausamen Bekämpfung der jugoslawischen Partisanen.

GREAT COLLECTION 20 PIECES / WEAPONS XX "Prinz Eugen" and badges XX BANAT / skull ring WITH STAMP 835 / SKULL BADGE FOR HAT WITH STAMP 1942 / LOT BADGE WITH STAMP REAR FZWER. - BANAT (FRANZ Zoffmann-Werschetz) / AND STAMPS FZW (FRANZ Zoffmann Werschetz) / token for the canteen "Prinz Eugen" 1944 / THE COLLECTION IS THE YEARS AFTER WW2, from the co Tito partisans generals HEARD ( BELGRADE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA) / absolute rarity !!!! VERY, VERY hard to find !!! / ALL DIRECTLY FROM BANAT / The Banat Swabians lived since the 18th century in South Eastern Europe. The identity as a German seemed well after such experiences, which they made in more than 150 years as a minority in a foreign land. In 1941, when German troops occupied Yugoslavia, they were greeted by the Banat Swabians euphoric. As ethnic German SS Division "Prinz Eugen" She then participated in the cruel fight against Yugoslav partisans.

Here are the auction pictures before they disappear off in the ether.

BANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or OriginalBANAT Badge Fantasy or Original

All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast