Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?

Article about: Hello everyone, I have a photograpgh of my nans cousin and on his unifrom is a button on his shouder with an image i have been researching but i cannot find in anywhere on the net. Its a sem

Jessy Ann
    ?

Default Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?

Hello everyone,

I have a photograpgh of my nans cousin and on his unifrom is a button on his shouder with an image i have been researching but i cannot find in anywhere on the net.

Its a semi-circular helmet with pointy cheeks and slitty eyes (maybe not the best description) Although it does not look like a real human face. I cannot find anything about it anywhere. what i do know is that he was an officer and had the krim sheild on his shoulder and his brother was in the SS.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks

2. # ADS

Jessy Ann
    ?

Default Re: Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?

this is a drawing i did on paint as i saw the button on the photo, its very small on the photo so ive drawn two and it kinda looks like a cross bwtween the two, sort of lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?  

Default Re: Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?

Can you post the picture itself, that would help us alot more...
    Last edited by Nick VR; 07-13-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Jessy Ann
    ?

Yeah im gettin the photo on tuesday but the button is so amll i dnt think u cud see it unless with the naked eye. i can try a zoom but it usually always ends up blured

Hi Jessy Ann, welcome to the forum!

I cannot think of any shoulder strap button with any kind of similar device? Usually they will be plain, or have a numerial on them.

Cheers, Ade.

There are photos of Belgian members of the Waffen-SS who (unofficially) wore SS field cap buttons like the one below as their shoulder strap buttons.

Don't know if this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me work out the history of an image on a WW2 german uniform shoulder button?  

Jessy Ann
    ?

thanks for the help/ideas but it doesnt look like that, itssimiallar but alot more formal looking. is it possible the button could be unofficial do u think?

Jessy Ann
    ?

have u seen the drawing i attached? it looks like that. it does seem like some kind of SS insignia tho robin. maybe theres a connection? ive been a student of archaeology for ov er 4 years and done lots of archaeological work but this is way out of my period or knowledge. Hence i have no idea lol