Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?

Article about: I recently bought this armband and it’s the first example I’ve ever seen like it. I was wondering if anyone has one in their collection, or has ever seen one before? I’m thinking it’

?

Default Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?

I recently bought this armband and it’s the first example I’ve ever seen like it. I was wondering if anyone has one in their collection, or has ever seen one before? I’m thinking it’s a rare armband and would like to hear any feedback from the members here. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?   Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?
    P
    Many

RTH
    ?

Hi Todd,
    Maybe this website will help?
    Armband Identification Gallery

Regards,
    RTH

This is actually a WWI-Era Armband...From what I found, this particular designation existed until 1919...
    -Glenn-
    "The IX Corps was assigned to the III Army Inspectorate but joined the 1st Army at the start of the First World War.[2] It was still in existence at the end of the war.[3] The Corps was disbanded with the demobilization of the German Army after World War I."
    --Source: Military-Fandom.com--
    Last edited by GlennAgain; 04-27-2022 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added Info

?

The IX Armee Korps was active throughout WWII. The band is WWII ERA. Here’s a link with information about the IX during The Third Reich. Including it’s Generals, battle campaigns and much more. The construction of the armband,BeVo stitching,chain stitched edges and materials are WWII era.IX Army Corps (Wehrmacht) - Wikipedia
    Last edited by ToddC; 04-28-2022 at 07:06 PM.

?

Thank you. This list doesn’t have this band, and actually has many that are fantasy/ reproduction. It’s good for identifying the bands that are actually WWII Period bands, but bad for newer band collectors with the fantasy bands.

?

Talking

I was surprised to find another example of my armband on Weitze website. My example is much cleaner and in much better condition though. I’m not sure how many of these survived WWII, but we know 2 did at least
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?  

?

Quote by ToddC View Post
    I was surprised to find another example of my armband on Weitze website. My example is much cleaner and in much better condition though. I’m not sure how many of these survived WWII, but we know 2 did at least
    Weitze has it listed as Wehrmacht as well. It’s a Third Reich armband, not WWI.

?

Additional photos since delivery. I’d like to know of any other bands like this one. Seems to be very rare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?   Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?  

Civilian armband worn while working for the Generalkommando of the IX Armee Corps, has anyone seen one like this before?  

?

a beauty.

Nice and clean
    -TJ-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast