Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen

Article about: I've been offered this badge, it doesn't match with other badges I've seen, as the Saarlauten mark is missing from the back. I'm unsure - although the same badge as appeared on German Milita

?

Default Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen

I've been offered this badge, it doesn't match with other badges I've seen, as the Saarlauten mark is missing from the back. I'm unsure - although the same badge as appeared on German Militaria sites, without comment . I welcome opinions.
    Regards
    PS small amount of gum has been left on red swazy from tape
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen   Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Deutsche Volkgemeinschaft Westmark Abzeichen - Lothringen

Hello Alec,
    From the brief research I've just done on these badges (never having seen one before), apparently the rough rule of thumb is that if 'Saarlauten' is missing from the back it is a post war produced piece.
    Also, from seeing a few other examples of this badge, the dots on the red swastika are very random and scattered on originals and very precise on fakes. As the badge you show above has two neatly laid out lines of dots within the swastika I would conclude this one is fake.
    However, as I said, I've never seen one before so I apologise if I'm incorrect in my comments and I hope some other guys can give their opinions.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is quite correct, your badge is indeed a post war reproduction. View this site for the genuine item: CMG Parteiabzeichen Archive
    Tom

?

Adrian, Tom, Thanks for the posts. I was deeply sceptical from the start about this piece, due mainly to the missing place marking. Thought it prudent to pass it through the forum. I shall not be buying the piece.
    Best Wishes
    Alec