Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Deutschland. Anschluss. Drittes Reich Silber Medaille. 1938-1939. Adolf Hitler

Article about: Hi all ! Please let me know about this medal. What was it awarded for? Is it a commemorative medal, or maybe for some outstanding merits? For military and civilians? It's silver. Regards

Default Deutschland. Anschluss. Drittes Reich Silber Medaille. 1938-1939. Adolf Hitler

Hi all !

Please let me know about this medal. What was it awarded for? Is it a commemorative medal, or maybe for some outstanding merits? For military and civilians? It's silver.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland. Anschluss. Drittes Reich Silber Medaille. 1938-1939. Adolf Hitler   Deutschland. Anschluss. Drittes Reich Silber Medaille. 1938-1939. Adolf Hitler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschland. Anschluss. Drittes Reich Silber Medaille. 1938-1939. Adolf Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Hello Kleinepanzerfaust,

I did some research for you.
    This is the official commemorative coin of the Deutsches Reich from 1938 for the "Münchner Abkommen/Munich Agreement".

The commemorative coin was designed by the stamp cutter Hans-Eduard Hanisch-Concee (1897-after 1957) and issued by the "Hauptmünzamt Wien/Vienna Main Mint". The corresponding designations can be found in the edge of the coin.

The coin has a diameter of 36mm and is made of silver. A silver stamp can be found in the edge.

The obverse shows a flat relief portrait of the Reich Chancellor Adolf Hitler with a laurel branch and the inscription "Der Einer und Führer aller Deutschen/The uniter and leader of all Germans".

The reverse shows an "Reichsapfel/imperial orb" with the dates March 13, 1938 (Annexation of Austria) and September 29, 1938 (Munich Conference, annexation of the Sudetenland), as well as the inscription "Das Grossdeutsche Reich ist erstanden/The Greater German Reich has erected".

There is also another variant of this commemorative coin, issued on the occasion of the establishment of the Protectorate of "Böhmen und Mähren/Bohemia and Moravia", where the specific dates were replaced by the years 1938-1939.

However, caution should be exercised with this commemorative medal, as forgeries and reproductions keep popping up.

I hope I could help you with that.

Best regards
    Wolf

Hi

Thank you for your time. I'm waiting for additional photos, I think everything is ok.

Regards