Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Diplomatic Gorget ?

Article about: Has anyone seen one like this before ? what are your opinions ?

Default Diplomatic Gorget ?

Has anyone seen one like this before ?
    what are your opinions ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?Diplomatic Gorget ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diplomatic Gorget ?
    P
    Many

?

Can´t say I have seen this before. Looks like a repro piece to me because the quality is kinda poor.

There is no point in making a reproduction of something one has never seen before, right?

?

So a fantasy piece?

I have no idea about the gorget but there are many fantasy pieces out there. They didn't exist before 1945 but people make them because there are idiots out there with money.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Seems okay to me. Finish is typical pre-war. Hand painted. Necklace well finished.

I see authorized dealers selling stuff that makes me think, is this right? Fake tags, caps, personal stuff etc...
    Why would this be fantasy!! Just because it can't be found doesn't mean it didn't exist.

?

Fine, then let me rephrase: I think it is a fantasy piece because I have never seen it before and looks crudely made. Especially for a prestige TR organisation like diplomats / leadership.

?

But what is so poorly made? Why do you think its is a fantasy? Give me some good arguments. It's easy to push something into the ground just by saying: it's poorly made...I think and I believe.

- It is clearly visible that the plate is hand-painted. Therefore, outliers are also possible.
    - It is an early model, so less detailed than later war models.
    - It is also clearly visible that the wings do not have the same pattern. The machines used in the 1960s and over can make perfect detailed copies.

If these breastplates/gorgets can be recreated so well, why are there no other copies to be found?
    If I don't get any good arguments, I see no reason to doubt this piece

?

Hello, it doesn't look original to me, the design is the look of the eagle, it looks more like a movie prop. Regards, Peeloo

?

The eagle lacks details, the chain looks like something I can make at home. The back clasps look gold washed.
    Several TR organisations had their own gorget and I believe any diplomatic personnel to have the standard political gorget.
    After the takeover in 1933 and the first reorganisation of the diplomatic dept. I would expect an RZM approved piece.

OP asked for my opinion. This is it. Any collector is free to make their own decisions.

Is there an authored reference that has been written on the Gorgets of the Third Reich?
    That would be a good place to start.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast