Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRK 2nd pattern

Article about: Hello there I have seen a couple of these and ime not 100%.This example is definitely in a false case .however the ribbon looks good .Did these type sunken into the enamel exist . Only have

Default DRK 2nd pattern

Hello there
    I have seen a couple of these and ime not 100%.This example is definitely in a false case .however the ribbon looks good .Did these type sunken into the enamel exist .
    Only have seen them in 3rd class ,if they do exist are they in all grades. all the best Annie
    Cased German Red Cross Decoration Type II (1934-1937) | Lakesidetrader

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK 2nd pattern
    P
    Many

?

I do not know if they are period tbh since they are hard to find in pictures (and even harder to identify). I do know that one appears in Angolia's book (take that as you wish) and is a Godet. While I collect DRK I pretty much stay away from awards due to the amount of fakes (and really good ones) unless they are coming from vets themselves.

yes the Book .In the service of the reich.
    the page 325 .The lower picture does show the inlaid eagle with a bow to it .case looks original and ribbon does look ok.
    however if you look at the upper one you will see that that is a copy . The bird is to high on the white cross .Just to confirm that is a fake if you look over the page to the medal of the red cross it has the very same eagle on a award that wasn't even awarded until 1937 Sorry Mr Angola another mistake in this book.
    Thanks for the pointer i hadn't noticed it before.All the best Annie

?

There is a reason I put the take it as you wish, there are many errors in that book but it can be used as a starting point. As said I avoid awards for the most part, they are tricky and hard to buy. I own a boxed Gobet 3rd class SW, a 3rd class SW from a vet and a 37-39 Medal of the DRK from a vet. I would love to add others but the fakes are too good for me to want to gamble my money.