Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

DRK & Social welfare

Article about: Hi guys . i am looking for DRK and social welfare collectors to broaden my knowledge. in the DRK series when the term used 1st form 2nd form to 8th form i see i do not understand it .It has

Default DRK & Social welfare

Hi guys .
    i am looking for DRK and social welfare collectors to broaden my knowledge. in the DRK series
    when the term used 1st form 2nd form to 8th form i see i do not understand it .It has nothing to do with the grades ???????
    All the best Annie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK & Social welfare
    P
    Many

?

The forms for the longest time was having to do with when the pattern was designed and the eagle (or lack there of) used on medals, since the DRK changed a lot from 1922 until 1945 with form 1 being the pre nazi form, red cross, no eagle etc. Form two was 1934-37 and had a eagle with a red cross shield on the body but no swastika at this point. Form 3 1937-1939 was the eagle with shield on a wreathed swastika and then the switch in 1938/39 to the DRK eagle that everyone will recognize. This is how it has been for years but for some reason over the course of the last few years the forms are now being used to describe things that are not medals and for the most part are not related to the medal forms of above. Example if you look at head gear, the collectors I know use a 1935 pattern and a 1938 pattern distinction but for some reason there is starting to be a classification of some pins being a form 7 (even though the eagle is the same as the 35 pattern eagle). I know the DRK collectors I mostly deal with talk in forms for medals and patterns for all others. Pre 35 pattern (no swas) 35 pattern eagle on the top of swas and 38 pattern (social services) eagle wrapped around the cross.
    Just 2 of about 8 draws of DRK I own.

DRK & Social welfare

That looks real nice .the enamel is just lovely .Do you have the harder to find sisters oval broaches like
    Probeschwester
    hilschwester
    bereitschaffschwester all the best Annie

?

Quote by DRK collector View Post
    That looks real nice .the enamel is just lovely .Do you have the harder to find sisters oval broaches like
    Probeschwester
    hilschwester
    bereitschaffschwester all the best Annie
    Probeschwester were not issued in oval, 31mm round and there is one there.
    bereitschaffschwester I only know of 6 of them in collections and I am not that lucky to be one of the owners.
    The picture is old, and I do now own a Hilfschwestr Karlsruhe 74 some enamel damage since it looks like it was dropped but not enough to be a disaster.
    DRK for the most part are now a part time hobby but I will always try and buy them if the price is right.