Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Early Eagle Review

Article about: Hello, I had a question about an early design eagle. This has been posted in other communities, receiving mixed reviews. I would really like to know more about it's authenticity. I've seen 2

Default Early Eagle Review

Hello,

I had a question about an early design eagle. This has been posted in other communities, receiving mixed reviews. I would really like to know more about it's authenticity. I've seen 2 examples of these. This one and a stickpin as well. Thank You in advance.

Also, if anyone has reference material it would be greatly appreciated.

Early Eagle Review

This is the closest information I can find..

Ley-Robert-Organisationsbuch-der-NSDAP : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
    Last edited by Almost Samurai; 03-02-2019 at 03:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Eagle Review
    P
    Many

?

That eagle is getting discussed at WAF along with the dagger it is attached to..... a very long discussion.

Yes Mike, I'm part of that discussion ( same name ) and was trying to get opinions on the eagle. Not what it's attached to. More of an interest for me. I've had quite mixed reviews and was hoping for a solid lead. That's why I posted just the eagle, didn't want a terribly long ridiculous thread. Just a couple reviews on this item. Thanks.

?

Quote by Almost Samurai View Post
    Yes Mike, I'm part of that discussion ( same name ) and was trying to get opinions on the eagle. Not what it's attached to. More of an interest for me. I've had quite mixed reviews and was hoping for a solid lead. That's why I posted just the eagle, didn't want a terribly long ridiculous thread. Just a couple reviews on this item. Thanks.
    Sorry about that. There are a truck load of replies to that thread.

Hello welcome to the forum. The pictures aren't the most clear, but at a glance it looks to have the coffin shaped pin attachment plate; which if it does is pretty much the kiss of death. I honestly don't like the detail or lack of detail to the eagle and it's misshapen head and slanted edge of the swastika arms. Lastly the wear is not consistent showing alot of wear to the front but little to reverse it looks like forced aging. IMO it looks like a bad item unfortunately. Kindndest regards.

Brian

Also I cannot find a maker associated with the RZM number 69
    license. A LDO of 69 is attributed to Alols Klammer but that's late war. There is a maker M9 / 69 KE Haas, Hamburg but that is for M9 tinnie manufacturing not for a M1 prefix for badges and insignia which this should fall under.

Lastly the term early is relaive here I ve seen one similar sold on another site dated at 1927? If this is to be believed then that too is another death nail as RZM contracts/licenses were not granted til mid 34 at the earliest.

Battlefront Collectibles - German 1927 Pattern NSDAP Eagle Pin - SOLD -

Early Eagle Review

Thank You bsiwula1,

I too did not like the RZM on a ('27) but I am still green enough that I second guess what I've learned. I know some, just not confident yet

Regards,
    Nate

Its true that 1934 was the beginning of the RZM...... for daggers.
    as a whole it began around 1928.

Give a read through the Axis History forum link > Creation of RZM (Reichszeugmeisterei) - Axis History Forum

Not that I support the eagle in this thread..but wanted to point out the origination date of the RZM

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry thats s excellent information. IMO the other points and the RZM concern still applies, here's a party badge from my collection with "early" RZM transitional markings. This would be what I'd expect to see on a badge manufactured in this time frame. It's an excellent discussion for sure though. best regards

Brian

Early Eagle ReviewEarly Eagle Review

Sorry for the picture quality I hadn't had a chance to photograph it well yet.

Also here are photographs of my eagle again not the best picture quality but it will give another example from the same era to compare with.

Early Eagle ReviewEarly Eagle ReviewEarly Eagle Review

Thank you for the link Larry C.

bsiwula1, That early RZM makes much more sense.

I really need to learn German....