Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter

Article about: Hi all, I hope everything is well with you all. I just placed a last minute successful bid at Ratisbon’s USA auction and won my first NSDAP Brownshirt. I’ve been wanting to buy one for a

Default Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter

Hi all,

I hope everything is well with you all.

I just placed a last minute successful bid at Ratisbon’s USA auction and won my first NSDAP Brownshirt. I’ve been wanting to buy one for a while and it’s nearly payday so I thought I’d treat myself. I’ve just been reading another thread and I believe the white piping indicates a county director.

Does the shirt look period correct please? It doesn’t have any modern alterations?

Also one final question if it’s not too much, would the original owner of worn a specific kepi with this please. An early NSDAP one? I want to have a full uniform eventually so I’m just trying to work out what else I need to go with it.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter   Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter  

Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter   Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter  

Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter   Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter
    P
    Many

Congratulations on such a Fine Score, well done!
    I look forward to Input from our SA Collectors...

Thanks Glenn!
    I was counting down the seconds on the auction and couldn’t believe I won it!

You did well with this nice brown shirt, congratulations! I was the first bidder for this shirt, I didn't start bidding competition, as I have some another PL and SS stuff to invest at the moment And I was surprised nobody else didn't bid to this shirt :O

It is for kreis Hauptstellenleiter who were performing civil defense duties.
    White piping introduced in 1939, before 1939 kreis level used black piping. To me it all looks to be period attached, collar tabs, armband.

For the headgear, at that time they don't use kepis anymore. So headgear what used was a visored cap with white piping.
    -TJ-

It also can be possible to wear field cap as shirt was used when performing civil defense duties.
    Here is two high ranking PL while using field cap

Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter Early NSDAP political leader's brownshirt for a Hauptstellenleiter

But normally Political leaders used visored cap

-TJ-

Here we can see Robert Ley wearing his Einsatz uniform with field cap

-TJ-

I’m so happy you didn’t bid the auction up. Thanks for that, I was waiting for someone to outbid me as I only placed one bid on it.

I was winning the SA-Standarte 159 shirt initially but thought as it didn’t have belt hooks it was probably unissued. I thought it was better to have something someone wore for my first brown shirt. If you had placed another bid I would of probably ended up with the SA shirt. But I’m happy that you have other things your buying to make up for it.

I was surprised with the prices things went for at this auction, things seemed to sell for a lot more at their last auction in Germany! I’m not sure if it was because it’s a week before most people get paid or the current political climate hurting peoples bank balances. Normally there’s a bidding war at Ratisbon’s.

I’m just excited to get it now!

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. I have found a nice visor online to go with it that has the white piping to match; so I hopefully can get that soon to go with it. I might put it on layaway soon and pay for it in a couple of instalments.

I can’t wait to see my girlfriends face when I show her the brownshirt and tell her my plans for the full uniform. She’s not going to be impressed.

Thanks again.
    Liam

Nice period piece in my opinion. It is a 1936 pattern PL brown shirt (note the belt hooks) with 1938 pattern collar tabs for Hauptstellenleiter. Collar tabs and collar piping are updated to the white color of the 1939 pattern instead of the black color. The gold buttons were not attached until 1938 either, as by then the lower ranks wore silver buttons that matched the two silver chevrons on the collar tabs. Unusual with the armband for "Einsatzbereitschaft", which had nothing to do with the 1943 "Einsatz- und Dienstuniform". A Kreis visor was worn with this brown shirt, either 1938 pattern without oak leaves and black piping or the new 1939 design with oak leaves and white piping.

You're welcome! And I am happy this brown shirt went to fellow forum member.
    I was on the fence will I bid little more Lucky you.

I think it also might be reason to low bids on this auction as it is US sale, expensive shipping cost and taxes, so maybe not so many European bidders.

I know that face of girlfriend/wife. I get it every time from my wife when I bring something new to my collection
    -TJ-

I still think auctions are the best place to find good stuff for decent price on the other hand i see people pay tripple amount for artifacts that dealars asking...on auctions also.i i am not talking about the item starting this thread just in general, Congratulation!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast