Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Feedback on a "Textbook Example" of an Orts level Anwarter armband

Article about: Someone on a Facebook group I'm a member of is trying to sell these armbands as "textbook examples" of an unissued Orts level Arnwarter armband, but admits the fringe was added by

Default Feedback on a "Textbook Example" of an Orts level Anwarter armband

Someone on a Facebook group I'm a member of is trying to sell these armbands as "textbook examples" of an unissued Orts level Arnwarter armband, but admits the fringe was added by someone later but he doesn't know who or where (but somehow knows they were unissued).

I'm not entertaining buying them because IMO the fringe itself makes them look like a steaming pile of crap to me, but curious as to the thoughts of the group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feedback on a "Textbook Example" of an Orts level Anwarter armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feedback on a "Textbook Example" of an Orts level Anwarter armband
    P
    Many

Material looks to be period, but fringe was added post 1945
    -TJ-

Yeah, that was my impression as well....and if there's one thing that's not correct on something, it can (and often will) cast the entire thing into doubt.

Maybe my definition of "textbook" is more stringent than most people's, but I view that as a piece that you can find shown in a book in the same state as what you have in hand.