Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister shoulder board?

Article about: Greetings everyone, I hope that you are all doing well in your parts of the world. I have been cataloging my collection recently and I have this shoulder board that I can't seem to positivel

Default Is this a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister shoulder board?

Greetings everyone,

I hope that you are all doing well in your parts of the world.

I have been cataloging my collection recently and I have this shoulder board that I can't seem to positively identify. I had it tentatively marked as shoulder board connected to the Fire Services but I can't find a photo of this type anywhere. The closest resemblance is of either a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister or a Wachtmeister of Frei (Volunteer Fire Brigade) that I found in the book "Defending the Reich by David Littlejohn.. (Spectacular book by the way).. The make and composition of the material leads me to believe this is a WW2 era Third Reich shoulder board. I cross referenced and checked East German Post War fire shoulder boards but could not find any with the solid pink outer piping which in all cases that I have seen is white.

Would like to get a positive identification on this board so I can properly catalog it.

Thank you all very much for taking a few minutes out of your day or evening to take a look..

I look forward to hearing what others may have to say about this strange board..

Best regards everyone,, Please stay safe...

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister shoulder board?   Is this a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister shoulder board?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a FeuerschutzPolizei Wachtmeister shoulder board?
    P
    Many

It does look like a volunteer Fire brigade type item but I was also not able to find a match. Could be a officer shoulder board.
    John

John,

Thank you.. Hope you are doing well..

Smitty