Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found an NSFK badge from 1938 - any info??

Article about: A family member of mine served as a pilot in the RAF during WW2 and we've recently come into some of his possessions from his time in Germany - there's quite a few things to look through but

?

Default Found an NSFK badge from 1938 - any info??

A family member of mine served as a pilot in the RAF during WW2 and we've recently come into some of his possessions from his time in Germany - there's quite a few things to look through but this badge caught my eye. The family member in question always said it was given to him by a Nazi soldier but that's the most information we ever got from him and he's sadly now no longer with us.

It seems the badge is from an air corps race in Frankfurt in 1938. It also appears to have a German surname on it (Maier, a more uncommon spelling of Mayer or Meyer) but I'm not sure if this traces back to the original owner or not.

If anyone has any info or insight into the badge, however insignificant it may seem, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks, Emma

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found an NSFK badge from 1938 - any info??
    P
    Many

?

This badge was given to those who competed in the first airraces in Frankfurt-Main 30-31 July 1938.

This is from pre war Germany, when they were still not supposed to have an air force.
    It was produced by the firm of Brehmer, who was a known manufacturer of awards.
    Tobias has given you the rest of the information already.
    Ralph.

I have moved your thread to the appropriate section of the forum.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks both of you, that's very helpful.

Does anyone have any idea what the 'Maier' wording means? My assumption that this was someone's surname so not sure if this means the badge is personalised?

You are right that it is personalized. Whether they put the name of the flyer or the number of the airplane on it.
    I didn't know that , as rbminis mentioned, Germany hasn't had an air force in 1938 !?