Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 . B.W .

Article about: Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 this is a medal, there is no information anywhere what it is . Stamped B.W - is it an original or a copy . Thenks .

Default Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 . B.W .

Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 this is a medal, there is no information anywhere what it is .

Stamped B.W - is it an original or a copy .

Thenks .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .   Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .  

Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .
    P
    Many

Here is an original to compare...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .  

?

Could this be a Planchette ?? This was my only example of such an item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau-Tag 26-28.6.36 .  B.W .  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I don't think that BSW produced Tinnies - Only Badges/Awards...This Gautag Tinnie isn't all too rare, so I'd advise saving your money for a nicer piece...

I never thought these simple badges would be faked too! They are like sand on the sea. But you can tell the fake by the unclear details on the front and the back says it all anyway. Here is mine for comparison.

I bought a set of PRL (Poland) antiques, this badge was stuck to a cigarette case from the PRL period.

Such cigarette cases have been discontinued for at least 40 years. The seller does not know whether the badge was glued during the PRL period or later.

So you think it's a copy.

The copy must have been produced right after the war, and I can't find such copies for sale anywhere now.

Poland is the source of many similar crude fakes encountered by collectors...I can't tell when it was made exactly (1980s?), but certainly not right after the war...

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    Poland is the source of many similar crude fakes encountered by collectors...I can't tell when it was made exactly (1980s?), but certainly not right after the war...
    Unfortunately, that's a well-known fact, Glenn... Although I can't really imagine that the badge was made in Poland back in the 1980s - that is, under communist rule.

I remember PRL, I was a small child, the shops were empty.
    In those days no one would buy such a badge.

I know from the stories that in those days there were KVM medals in the bazaars and no one was buying them, people had different problems then, it was a different world.