Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?

Article about: Hello, The provenace on this jacket is a bit vague, so I'd like to know if it is German or Dutch, and wether it is ww2 or post-war, please? The jacket: heavy leather of the 1940/50s period,

ILH
    ?

Default German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?

Hello,
    The provenace on this jacket is a bit vague, so I'd like to know if it is German or Dutch, and wether it is ww2 or post-war, please?

The jacket: heavy leather of the 1940/50s period, two outer pockets, one inner pocket. label is handsewn(not origional?), liner is deep blue/purple/black, but sleeve-linnings are light brown with knitted cuffs. Button Hole in upper-left lapel does not have a button to attach to (purpose?). No evidence of wrist-straps, eppaulettes, or waist pockets having been removed- only evidence of alteration is on the maker's label.

The story: "British Paratooper doing the Nijmegean March Competition befriends a Dutchman who served in the 'Dutch Freekorp'" ((Don't shout at me, I know that is wrong, but it's what the Para said))
    ".... several years later the Dutchman dies but his son keeps sending the Para' stuff. This jacket was sent by the son saying it was issued by the Germans to his father as a work jacket.... at the end of the war the inner label was changed to a dutch one to stop him bieng lynched as a collaborateur."

I am aware that this story has more holes than a teabag, but does anyone recognize the jacket as German (i'm presuming post-war Dutch)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?   German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?  

German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?   German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?

A civilian jacket. It has no relevance to anything military. It is nothing more than used clothing.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

ILH
    ?

Default Re: German or Dutch Jacket, ww2 or post?

Thanks Bob. I thought so, but had to double check.