Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Fire/ Police tunic ?

Article about: I have recently acquired on a well know site ;-) what i believe to be a pre war (Weimar -ish) era Fire Service or possibly Police tunic. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge will be able t

Default Weimar Police tunic ?

I have recently acquired on a well known site ;-) what i believe to be a pre war (Weimar) era Police tunic. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge will be able to provide further detail on this tunic please.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Fire/ Police tunic ?   German Fire/ Police tunic ?  

German Fire/ Police tunic ?   German Fire/ Police tunic ?  

Attached Images Attached Images German Fire/ Police tunic ?  German Fire/ Police tunic ? 
    Last edited by paul9541; 08-05-2020 at 11:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fire/ Police tunic ?
    P
    Many

This is very interesting.

Going by the Carmine/red coloured Truppenfarbe and Third Reich epaulettes, I would suggest that this is a post 1936 era Feuerschutzpolizei tunic. However, the kragenspiegel are blue and of a Weimar period style spec, which doesn’t quite fit in. They would either be Third Reich spec or red in colour. The lower pockets also are of a ‘patch’ style, whereas pockets from that era were of the ‘slash’ style. The full time Third Reich Feuerschutzpolizei were issued with the green uniforms from 1938 onwards.

The sleeve eagle is definitely Third Reich era.

Incidentally, the photo on the left, showing a uniform in a case, doesn’t quite fit in with having a Tschako on the dummy as this appears to be of a Weimar style police issue, which wouldn’t match the red truppenfarbe of fire personnel. The photo on the right is quite a well known one from post 1938, when the auxiliary police wore Third Reich Tschako plates with the blue style uniforms. The regular Schutzpolizei at that time had been issued with the ‘police green’ uniforms from 1936 onwards.

I hope this helps?