Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German work camp armband

Article about: I know that 99.9999% on this armbands are fake and I know that.....BUT this one I want to believe maybe real. The reason is an help a older collector friend sell a lot of his smalls, books,

Default German work camp armband

I know that 99.9999% on this armbands are fake and I know that.....BUT this one I want to believe maybe real. The reason is an help a older collector friend sell a lot of his smalls, books, daggers. He did a lot of hotel buys and the he would by helmets, firearms, well everything you could think of from WW2 vets. He is not certain where he got these but he told me that he had not seen it in over 40 years.
    The stitching is different, it was shorted on the inside and it’s not covered in stamps. I’m not sure of the meaning of the S G and there are two triangles one red and the other is a blue or green. The letters are not bright in hand.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German work camp armband   German work camp armband  

German work camp armband   German work camp armband  

German work camp armband   German work camp armband  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German work camp armband
    P
    Many

Zero glow under a blacklight. One more thing to add, most fakes if not all I’ve seen were not painted and this is.

Please feel free to shoot holes in this armband. If anyone has any thoughts please share. I don’t know about this one.

Bump

Marty,

It is interesting and wouldn't dismiss it yet as being fake. It may take some time but there may be period photos of this or a similar armband being worn.

Carl may know too, hopefully he can chine in.

Smitty

Thank you Smitty,
    The armband is odd and the two triangles are throwing me off. The triangles on Concentration or work camps armband/uniforms are upside down, I’ve seen triangles on German workers armbands and they were right side up. I will try to find examples.

Marty

Marty,

I looked at the red triangle and found that the wearer was a member of the Armed Forces...

Here is a link to what I found. I have not really delved too deep into this yet..

Registration Pictures and Marking System - Faces of Auschwitz

Best regards and Blessings Brother,,

Stay safe

Smitty

Smitty,
    The armband took a very different turn. I posted the armband on another mostly German site and someone saw a third triangle and the whole thing was turned on this end. The third triangle made the armband American and armor corps. Speculation to the SG was Sergeant of the Guard. Thoughts?

Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images German work camp armband 

Marty,

Yes I can see now how this could be an Armored Corps triangle, and the SG could very well be Sergeant of the Guard..

This has taken a very interesting turn and I will have to do some research here at the museum to see if there are any period photos of this or something similar in our archives...

The placement of the red and blue triangles in the lower left and right would definitely match the armored forces insignia of the period (1940ish) and the top color could have been yellow which has faded or.... initially the armored force color was this OD greenish color before being established later as red/green and later red/yellow...

We have several thousand photos and images in the archives of the early armored forces when the 1st Armored Division was established in July 1940 at Ft Knox,, so in my spare time I will have to dive into the archives and see if I find anything...

Best regards and Blessing Brother,,

Smitty

Smitty,
    I know the function of the sergeant of the guard but in relation to the rush job in the armband and it being a Armor Division, what would the job function be. Possibly late war and guarding POW’s, traffic control....?
    Have you ever seen one before? Boy, if there was one in a photo!!!!WOW!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast