Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heil Hitler badge, opinions

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN The pin alone resembles nothing found on genuine period badges. The pin alone, resembles absolutely everything found on period, and genuine, early and crude slogan/sympathy ba

Default Re: Heil Hitler badge, opinions

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The pin alone resembles nothing found on genuine period badges.
    The pin alone, resembles absolutely everything found on period, and genuine, early and crude slogan/sympathy badges. Although if you dont concentrate on these badges, the chances of you ever seeing one are possibly slim, hence i can sort of understand where you are coming from with your reply, yet you are comparing apples to oranges. (You are comparing the standard attachments found on official small badges to those found on non-official badges, as well as comparing German, to possibly Austrian.)
    Bob, there is a rather lengthy article on "Attachments" in a 2012 issue of the International Medal Collector magazine, (i forget which one even though i wrote it myself, but that is what old age does i guess) i would sugguest that you get hold of a copy and read it - judging from your reply here, reading it can only benefit you!

@Mark:
    I opine that it's too early to discard it
    No such thing, no choice, it is a hands down, with 100% certainty, lovely original slogan badge!

EDIT: The mentioned article is in the Spring 2012 issue
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 02-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heil Hitler badge, opinions
    P
    Many

Here's a similar Austrian catch.

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Didier, my apologies for being small minded and incorrect.

Tom

Tom, stop sulking
    It is certainly not your every day attachment, and primarily found on non-official badges like the NUN ERST RECHT, HEIL HITLER, SIEG HEIL, Sympathy and patriotika... badges that were never official, and badges that anyone would have been able to make and sell without any permission from the NSDAP or order, or contract or anything. A reason why many do not have the RZM-Quality feeling ... or i like to call it the RM-Sterility look, that official badges have. They are without a doubt, a very collectible area, and once studied and understood with relationship to the time, area and maker, give you a much better "overall" picture of what was being made and used by way of attachments, enamel etc....

Here is another, a nice, and very much genuine, NSDAP sympathy badge! or ?

Another HH slogan badge. Different space filler on the obverse, but same attachment.

Not sulking Jo, simply berating myself. When I first saw the badge, to be honest, I thought it stood a chance, but after viewing similar badges from your site I thought it was way below par where detail was concerned. Admittedly I don't have much knowledge and experience of the very early unofficial pieces, so fully understand my mistake.....assumption!!
    This is why I'm patiently awaiting the arrival on the shelves of your new book. ;-)

Tom

?

more pictures

Didier

Didier, at least the "hook" part of the attachment has been re-soldered, using normal solder, a dead giveaway. These kind of 2 piece attachments were "soldered on" using what is called Schlaglot, and not the common zinn solder used for the regular attachment plates. The process of attaching the two pieces to the reverse is also slightly different than with the normal "common soldering" way. Nonetheless, it is a very nice badge indeed !

Didier

Congrats, nice badge! May I ask that you add it to the "unoffical badge thread", please?

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Hello Gentlemen
    thanks all of you for explanations
    Mark, yes I do it
    cordially
    Didier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast