Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HELP with German Veteran Stick Pin Collection

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I acquired a set of pins from a German veteran of the first and second war. I managed to identify the majority. But I don't have much knowledge to give them a date. Could yo

?

Default HELP with German Veteran Stick Pin Collection

Hello gentlemen,

I acquired a set of pins from a German veteran of the first and second war. I managed to identify the majority. But I don't have much knowledge to give them a date. Could you help me?

Some pins I was not able to identify very well such as the pin "R", the iron cross inscribed "G.D.R", the moose and the pin with the inscriptions DSK / VdS.

What I would really like to know is if there is any from the second war period, since most of them seem to me from the post-war period.

There is also a medal from the veterans' association. I didn't find much reference about

thanksHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin CollectionHELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin Collection
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I believe you are right, they all seem to be postwar pins. The only one that comes close to a TR era pin is the "Moose" pin which is listed as Infanterie-Regiment 2 abzeichen in The Huskins reference book. The difference is there appears to be no IR2 inscription on yours, so probably a post war pin as well.

Regards, Al

HELP with  German Veteran Stick Pin Collection

?

Hello Aldo,
    thanks for the reference I can now search more about the "moose" pin.
    Thanks!