Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?

Article about: Hello, Here is a couple pics of some items given to me by my father back in the 1960's. It is a mix of WWI & II German items. The mauser bullets are 1917-18 dated. I have had all 40+ yea

Default Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?

Hello, Here is a couple pics of some items given to me by my father back in the 1960's. It is a mix of WWI & II German items. The mauser bullets are 1917-18 dated. I have had all 40+ years, and do not know what the eagle badge? watch fob? device is. Maybe it was part of another medal or badge. I do not know about the paper award either. Seems it is a 1000m meter running award? That is a long run! I have problems going around the block : ) All items were found in a cigar box in Denver, Colorado approx 1965. It was in the basement of a Large old Victorian house, that my father and uncle bought to make into a Youth's home. Any help from the experts in this field would be appreciated. Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?   Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?  

Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?   Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?  

Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?   Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?  

Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?  
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 04-02-2010 at 06:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Needed/ Watch Fob? /Sports award?

They are all good original items.

The WW1 items are the 7.92mm rounds, the 1914 issue Iron Crosses 2nd Class and the patriotic watch fob.

The breast eagle is an Army Officers quality version.

You are correct on the NSRL sports award document. 1st place in the "Ten Canadians" 1000 metres. I have never heard of that type of race before!

Thanks for showing them.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hi kilroy , as ade said they look real nice items , and from what i can make out the sports award seems to be not for running , but for canoeing and it seems that it was for 1st place with a team of ten men paddling in canadian style . the paperwork looks in fantastic condition as well

cheers al

Hi Al, you are right, just seen the word Regatta DOH!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Is the "fob" a drum hanger ?

Gary J.

Hi Gary, no I don't think so. Drum hangers are much more substanstial going by the ones I have seen. I am 100% certain it is a watch fob.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade on this one, It is a watch fob, I have one with the same type of catch. Picture below
    Last edited by John Brandon; 06-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks Ade, I appreciate it. Regards

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    hi kilroy , as ade said they look real nice items , and from what i can make out the sports award seems to be not for running , but for canoeing and it seems that it was for 1st place with a team of ten men paddling in canadian style . the paperwork looks in fantastic condition as well

cheers al
    Hello Allerberger!! Thanks. Canoeing? very interesting. I guess they did everything popular at the time. Obvious a summer activity!! Regards, Steve

Quote by JMB View Post
    I agree with Ade on this one, It is a watch fob, I have one with the same type of catch. Picture below
    Hello John, thank you. Your fob looks to have a similar clasp. They appear to be WWI era. Is this correct. stupid question, but not up on WWI too much, and no one has mentioned which world war.
    Regards, Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast