Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Jägerschaft 50 Jahre Abzeichen

Article about: A friend was given this badge some years ago and I thought I would try to authenticate it for him. I have not seen it on my regular shopping sites but the pin set-up looks like that on other

?

Default Jägerschaft 50 Jahre Abzeichen

A friend was given this badge some years ago and I thought I would try to authenticate it for him. I have not seen it on my regular shopping sites but the pin set-up looks like that on other DJV badges, but I would like your informed opinions please.
    Jägerschaft 50 Jahre AbzeichenJägerschaft 50 Jahre Abzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jägerschaft 50 Jahre Abzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    I believe that this badge is considered a fantasy badge by many collectors. If memory serves me correct in one thread I had read that this organization was not in existence for that time period, 1888. I know that I have seen a number of thread on forums in the past regarding this badge but the only one I can find at this point in time is on the WAF forum. I have posted a link to it(I hope that is allowed, if not please delete) and the two posters who mention it being fantasy piece are respected collectors of items like this. As I said I can't find any of the other links regarding this badge but if and when I do I will post them. I also have a badge like the one which started this thread and that is the only reason why I have any info about this piece at all. Link is as follows:
    Need opinions on Hunting Badge?? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

actually here is another thread relating to this badge also. I did not read thru this one again at this point but in a quick view one person says it is a good badge but another says it is definitely bogus. In any case here is the other thread:
    Rare Silver Variant - Sclageter Hj -

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I guess regarding this badge it is up to each individual to believe or not believe, but I tend to side with Mr. Scowen on this item.
    Duzig(Bill)

?

Many thanks. That WAF thread got pretty heated!

Jo Rivett also did a video on these. They are considered fake.

Morris

There are two points that indicate this badge is a fantasy item. The first point is the title, "Deutsche Jägerschaft." The official title was Reichsbund Deutsche Jägerschaft (RDJ), that governed all German hunting clubs. In fact, it included anyone who had a hunting license whether he was a club member or not. The second point is the dating, 1888-1938, as there was no Deutsche Jägerschaft of any sort prior to 3 July1934 when the Reichsbund Deutsche Jägerschaft was established under the authority of the Reichsjägermeister, Herrmann Göring. At that time all civilian hunting clubs were dissolved and brought under RJD control. The Allied occupation forces dissolved the RDJ on 12 October 1945. Below is another example of this fantasy badge taken to a higher level. Dwight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jägerschaft 50 Jahre Abzeichen  

?

Wow, they certainly checked all the boxes when making the backing piece for that one!!