Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftschutz W armband?

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm looking for any information is this type of armband. Not sure if its real or fantasy piece, been told its a luftschutz warden armband but information is very hard to find on

?

Default Luftschutz W armband?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for any information is this type of armband. Not sure if its real or fantasy piece, been told its a luftschutz warden armband but information is very hard to find on this.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Luftschutz W armband?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz W armband?
    P
    Many

The German word for warden is 'Aufseher', so not a warden's armband. It might not even be Luftschutz-related. Looks similar to some of the armbands used on the British Home Front. Cannot comment further, unfortunately.

Regards, B.B.

?

This is infact a Luftschutz Air raid warden armband!

Quote by Sensei View Post
    This is infact a Luftschutz Air raid warden armband!
    You learn something new every day! What does the 'W' stand for, in this case?

B.B.

?

I've seen websites selling them as that but cannot find any documented photos or information on them.

?

According to germanmilitaria.com the full name of the armband is 'WERKLUFTSCHUTZ AIR RAID WARDEN ARMBAND' maybe the 'W' stands for Werkluftschutz?

Quote by Sensei View Post
    According to germanmilitaria.com the full name of the armband is 'WERKLUFTSCHUTZ AIR RAID WARDEN ARMBAND' maybe the 'W' stands for Werkluftschutz?
    That must be the case. Thank you for correcting me there. Taught me for commenting on things I know little about!

B.B.

Hello, some of my collection :

Luftschutz W armband?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I think red is for fire contact, W is unknown in the book Defending the Reich.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I saw this while searching for something else, not sure how accurate the description is, or originality..

Formed in late 1932 the Deutsches Luftschutzverband (German Air Protection League), was a voluntary organization designed to provide civil air raid protection in large civilian centers. Shortly after Hitler ascension to power the Deutsches Luftschutzverband was restructured and placed under the supervision of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium, (National Air Ministry), under the control of Hermann Göring. On April 29TH 1933 the Deutsches Luftschutzverband was renamed RLB, Reichs Luftschutz Bund, (National Air Raid Protection League) and was given status as an official national organization tasked with all aspects of civil air raid defence. The RLB remained a voluntary organization with a small cadre of paid, full-time uniformed officials to oversee the organizations functions until June 1935 when obligatory service was introduced. Non-uniformed RLB personnel were issued an identifying armband to be worn on the upper left sleeve when performing RLB duties. G
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftschutz W armband? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast