Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?

Article about: Hi just wondered if anyone can help is this RAD tunic original ww2 or not? Thank you.

Default Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?

Hi just wondered if anyone can help is this RAD tunic original ww2 or not?
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?   Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?  

Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?   Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?  

Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?   Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?
    P
    Many

I like it. It's in decent condition

I'm not really a uniform guy but, I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.
    The materials, and wear and tear look appropriate.
    I like the quality of construction, the arm patch looks fine, the buttons appear to have been made by FLL.
    Best to wait for other opinions though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

I don't collect RAD, but I did own one minty RAD tunic years ago before trading towards Heer items.

Although the base garment is original, the tunic strikes me as one that has been modified for post-war civilian use. The (wearer's) right breast pocket is gone, the pocket flap of the left breast pocket has been removed, and the lower hip pockets have been completely reworked. I would imagine then, that the unit patch has been added back to the tunic.

From a quick internet search: the tunic would have looked about like this originally:

EDIT: That's an unissued one in the photo, before unit patch was added to the sleeve.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    The (wearer's) right breast pocket is gone, the pocket flap of the left breast pocket has been removed, and the lower hip pockets have been completely reworked. I would imagine then, that the unit patch has been added back to the tunic.
    Good eye Todd.
    Never noticed the modifications until you mentioned them.
    Too busy looking at the construction.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for the replys.

?

I agree with TWS, although I have some reservations, the acceptance stamp, when issued it belonged to the organization and not the man per se', yes the RAD did allow the Arbeitsmann to name his items with a tag sewn in and then when his service was completed, the tag was removed and the garment re-issued to another recruit, the Dienstellenabzeichen ( Arm Shield ) in silver meaning officer grade, but the lack of any insignia, shoulder boards / collar tabs is odd IMO.. I think it was probably repurposed at some point which is obvious, when ??? So, yes original, in poor condition...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?   Need Help is this RAD tunic original or not?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "