Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Tinnie verification

Article about: Hello Gents, I picked up this rather large, heavily constructed, and handsome Tinnie in a collection I picked up I looked on line , and couldn't find a match. It appears to be possibly a ral

Default Need Help with Tinnie verification

Hello Gents, I picked up this rather large, heavily constructed, and handsome Tinnie in a collection I picked up I looked on line , and couldn't find a match. It appears to be possibly a rally Tinnie for in Saxony for it has the dates 20-21 Juni 1936 and a Wachler & Lange maker marked on the reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with Tinnie verification   Need Help with Tinnie verification  

Need Help with Tinnie verification   Need Help with Tinnie verification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with Tinnie verification
    P
    Many

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Hello Gents, I picked up this rather large, heavily constructed, and handsome Tinnie in a collection I picked up I looked on line , and couldn't find a match. It appears to be possibly a rally Tinnie for in Saxony for it has the dates 20-21 Juni 1936 and a Wachler & Lange maker marked on the reverse.
    Yes, it's a tinnie for the "GAUAPPELL SACHSEN 1936" ["Gau Muster Saxony 1936"] (inscribed in mock runic script on the obverse) held on 20/21 June 1936 (inscribed on the reverse). The date was probably chosen for this event as it is the summer solstice.

Thank you Andreas. I rather like the Tinnie out of curiosity the two S's in Sachsen are sigruned possibly SS or other group due to the runic style of Swaz?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Thank you Andreas. I rather like the Tinnie out of curiosity the two S's in Sachsen are sigruned possibly SS or other group due to the runic style of Swaz?
    I see nothing to suggest a specific SS connection. The whole badge is of pseudo-Germanic design; sword, ornate Sunwheel swastika, mock "runic" lettering and all. This kind of lettering in particular can be found on other Third Reich era items as well, take the HJ-Leistungsabzeichen for example.

A quality Tinnie by any means , and constructed of very heavy aluminum. I figured a stretch on the SS hypothesis