Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew

Article about: Can anyone identify this one please? Thanks

Default Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew

Can anyone identify this one please, I know it's medical, but I can't identify the branch of service?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew  
    Last edited by oberhaig; 12-03-2022 at 11:32 AM. Reason: addtion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew
    P
    Many

?

Hi, I am not positive but it looks like RAD.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The shoulder boards cipher, isnt that medical ?

?

Yes,and the branch of service looks like RAD.....ReichsArbeitsDienst .....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I don't believe this device is RAD related, the Rod of Aesculapius (latin spelling) has a single snake intertwined with a rough branch, and no wings, so it could be veterinarian related, perhaps even Imperial in nature..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

definitely a medical officer and not TR army, could be imperial as noted with the colored strands in the cords but those turn up in TR civil boards as well
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Thanks for your thoughts on it chaps, I had already discounted RAD - customs - water police - and most of the other in the TR period. It is not, i believe Veterinarian - as that cypher has the snake - but without the staff. I'm not up to Imperial as much, but all of the ones I have had - seen and handled appeared to be larger in size - this one is the same size as TR ones - The picture I'm attaching is the Vets one I'm talking about a rare one in its own right
    Thanks again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew  

?

John R. Angolia, Hugh Page Taylor "Uniforms, organization and history of the German Police" vol.2 p.11Need some help in identifying this shoulder board pleasew

Thanks. I don't think it is police related. Doing a lot of re search it appears to be pre tr...... saxony region...... A reichwher doctor

?

The Reichswehr officers' shoulderboards did not have colored chevrons on their braid. Only civil and paramilitary services like Feuerwehr, Polizei and Zolldienst had such "Durchzüge" in their own color on their boards.The shoulderboard underlay for military medical personnel was dark blue as it was later in the Wehrmacht. The underlay of the shoulderboard shown here is definitely Polizei Giftgrün, which was not changed after 1933. On 16 April 1935 the silver braid lost its green chevrons. It is definitely a Polizei-Oberstarzt.