Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP 3rd Pattern Ortsgruppenleiter Collar Tab

Article about: I know I should go to a dealer who can definitively vet this as original but I just want to ask people here as well. I cannot get a closer up image of the materials/threading.

Default NSDAP 3rd Pattern Ortsgruppenleiter Collar Tab

I know I should go to a dealer who can definitively vet this as original but I just want to ask people here as well.

I cannot get a closer up image of the materials/threading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP 3rd Pattern Ortsgruppenleiter Collar Tab
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Frederick.

Some members who are well versed in tabs should be around to provide opinions.

From my very basic understanding, this looks to stand a good chance. But wait for others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Welcome ! I just had to ask myself what kind of statement your trying to allude to ? If dealers know everything why would we need a Forum ? The misconception that dealers sell only 100% original items is far fetched and quite absurd IMO, Yes, there are dealers that sell fakes, most times inadvertently due to various circumstances, but be aware that they are not all knowing, again welcome to the forum. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

It post to be second pattern. On my mind that one is bad. It have wrong material.

Here is orginal where you can compare it.

-TJ-

The 2nd Pattern Ortsgruppenleiter and Kreisleiter were similar to their 3rd Pattern counterparts but they were not piped, The 2nd Pattern simply had 2 gold bars on a brown backing, The collar tab in question is a 3rd Pattern which were used before the popular 4th Pattern were designed right before the war's beginning so no, It is not a 2nd Pattern but a 3rd Pattern.