Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?

Article about: Need a little help ….friend has a NSDAP armband for sale. Trying to determine its authenticity . I apologize for the pics …that’s the ones he sent me . Any information or Comments woul

?

Default NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?

Need a little help ….friend has a NSDAP armband for sale. Trying to determine its authenticity . I apologize for the pics …that’s the ones he sent me . Any information or
    Comments would be appreciated. Thanks

NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

IMO a textbook original wool armband made by Ewald Beiersmann & Sohn from Wuppertal-Langerfeld (RZM A4/213). Just a few tiny moth nips, but otherwise good condition.

On first sight it looks like a good one. RZM Paper Tag says nothing, this could have been added later. What I don't like is the somehow bad quality. The swaz looks unusual sloppily as the disc does. The seam at the upper and lower edge also looks a bit sloppy. All in all, the armband does not show the quality that I know from such armbands. In addition, a lot of fakes have appeared on the market lately.

I like it too. But Sammler has a point here
    -TJ-

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    … In addition, a lot of fakes have appeared on the market lately.
    I see your points. But do you have pictures of a fake wool armband with the same correct looking, high quality silk material of the white disc and the black swaz as the armband in question has?

If the materials look period and correct, I’m not too concerned regarding some sloppy finish of a seam. There have been millions of these armbands made and not every seam has been stitched perfectly. Just my 2 cents.

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    I see your points. But do you have pictures of a fake wool armband with the same correct looking, high quality silk material of the white disc and the black swaz as the armband in question has?

If the materials look period and correct, I’m not too concerned regarding some sloppy finish of a seam. There have been millions of these armbands made and not every seam has been stitched perfectly. Just my 2 cents.
    Yes, I do. Here we go:

Armbinde NSDAP, wool. Need opinion.

Addition: The black grosgrain ribbon from which the Swaz was sewn is too wide in relation to this. There were certain RZM regulations that dictated exactly how wide the grosgrain ribbon could be. And the swaz is sewn totally crooked. Since the armband carries an RZM paper Tag, the manufacturer had to comply with these regulations, no matter how many armbands he made! Otherwise he would have lost the license to manufacture it. We're talking about Germany here, not 'Taiwan'.

?

Swaz does look sloppy. Material also looks different then the originals posted in the other post. I would stir clear

Tim

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Thanks. But IMO the material of the fakes in the attached thread (especially the white disc) looks different compared to the one shown here.

Here’s the RZM description of the material for a wool armband. The white disc had to be made of white rayon and the black swaz of black rayon band. As I said, both materials look legit to me.

Maybe the thread opener 71Mach can give us the specific dimensions (diameter of white disc as well as length and width of black swaz and its arms).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Armband with RZM Tag…..Original or Fake?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast