Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP brown shirt opinions

Article about: Hi Forum, I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on this brown shirt. Images can be sharper but this is all I am working with I'm afraid. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Construction an

?

Default NSDAP brown shirt opinions

Hi Forum,

I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on this brown shirt.
    Images can be sharper but this is all I am working with I'm afraid.

NSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinions

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Construction and fabric look good to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP brown shirt opinions
    P
    Many

It is all original SA brown shirt. But looks like buttons have been replaced (to me those looks silver), buttons and belt hooks post to be same color, gold or silver depending on which SA gruppe it belong. I do not see that so big problem here, buttons are easy to change and they are not rare.

Looks it has removed rank, unit tabs and shoulder board. And I belive on the left breast pocket has weared SA Sportabzeichen.
    -TJ-

?

Thank you for your comment. There are no stamps on the inside, the RZM tag/label has washed out as well.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    There are no stamps on the inside, the RZM tag/label has washed out as well.
    Yes, it is normal.
    -TJ-

?

NSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinions

Thanks. This is a close up of the buttons. I don´t really like these. Do you think these are original to the shirt? Some are RZM marked, some not.

Thanks for photos from buttons. I do not think these buttons are original for this shirt. Belt hooks are gold color, so buttons should be to be same color. It is hard to see from those first photos, but I belive those are original for the shirt.

From mixed marked buttons, I would not be so worry after all. As these can broke and then need buy buttons. I do not think SA man care about he's shirt buttons are from same maker.
    But if want to be sure that shirt is not messed at any time. Then it would be good if all is correct, also buttons would be from same maker.
    -TJ-

?

Thank you for your insight. I am in the opportunity to buy this shirt for a good price + added collar tabs and shoulder boards. I am planning on having this restored. If so, the problem is where to get this restored at a local skilled tailor.

If the price is right, it will be good restore project.
    -TJ-

?

Update:

I purchased the shirt and had it repaired at a tailor. He stitched up the holes (see images attached). No visible SA insignia's so I believe the tailor imagined the shirt was for the boyscouts.
    I have purchased a pair of SA SACHSEN collar tabs and made an attemt to attach these pieces myself. The buckram being very stiff make it impossible for me to attach it. I used a matrass needle curved however trying to keep out of the buckram and only sew the outer edges causes the tabs to rip.

If you look closely on the collar of the shirt you can see there is an outline of former tabs which have been removed in the past. I believe the tabs fit well together with the shoulder piece.
    Does anyone have experience with putting on the stiff buckram without damaging the cloth of the tabs?

NSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinionsNSDAP brown shirt opinions

Very nice

But... This shoulder board is for Gruppe Nordmark. Nordmark used black and white piping. Sachsen used white and emerald green. Collar tabs can be Nordmark or Sachen, both used emerald green and white unit number. Standarte 133 is unknown locate for me.

Also Nordmark had gold color buttons, Sachen had silver color.

I do not have experience for sew collar tabs, but I would recommend thimble to make sewing more easier
    -TJ-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast