Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

Article about: Hi Forum, Besides my SA Sachsen project I am also working on restoring a political Diensthemd. Step one of the restauration is adding the right buttons. The standard brown shirt came with Go

?

Default NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

Hi Forum,

Besides my SA Sachsen project I am also working on restoring a political Diensthemd. Step one of the restauration is adding the right buttons.
    The standard brown shirt came with Golden buttons. I have been looking for some NSDAP button which - suprisingly- are difficult to find and more expensive than I expected.
    I was lucky to scoop up several which are a bit oxidized. Does anyone have any tips how to clean up the buttons?

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

More images will follow as I keep putting things together.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.
    P
    Many

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hi Forum,

Besides my SA Sachsen project I am also working on restoring a political Diensthemd. Step one of the restauration is adding the right buttons.
    The standard brown shirt came with Golden buttons. I have been looking for some NSDAP button which - suprisingly- are difficult to find and more expensive than I expected.
    I was lucky to scoop up several which are a bit oxidized. Does anyone have any tips how to clean up the buttons?

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

More images will follow as I keep putting things together.
    Is it the Kreisleiter brownshirt you bought from Erel Militaria? I'm afraid then you won't be able to use these buttons! This is an early brown shirt from about 1933, there were no buttons with the RZM mark. I'm not entirely sure if these eagle buttons even existed and if so then you must use silver colored ones not gold ones!

Yes, if it is that brownshirt what Sammler ask, then those are wrong buttons.

I had seen some early PL brownshirts with silver eagle buttons and just silver buttons, but I'm also not sure are those silver eagle buttons corret either.
    Still I would not have problem to have early PL brownshirt with silver eagle buttons.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Yes, if it is that brownshirt what Sammler ask, then those are wrong buttons.

I had seen some early PL brownshirts with silver eagle buttons and just silver buttons, but I'm also not sure are those silver eagle buttons corret either.
    Still I would not have problem to have early PL brownshirt with silver eagle buttons.
    It is very difficult to find information or even photos of these very early PL brown shirts. Also, there is no TR literature dealing with these issues. However, I did find a thread showing a complete PL uniform of a Zellenwart from around 1933. The brown shirt has silver buttons; unfortunately you can't see if the buttons have eagles or not because the pics are a little blurry.

1st Pattern N S D A P Brownshirt

To clean the oxidation from your buttons, try dipping them in white vinegar and rubbing gently and then rinse thoroughly afterwards. it might not be 100% perfect, but should remove a lot of the oxidation

?

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

?

Indeed this is the EREL shirt guys. Forgive the persian carpet. It is my love besides militaria :P
    I can hit myself in the head. Ofcourse there can be no RZM buttons with an early shirt. I could've known!

- - ------- - -

Cyclist, Thank you for the tip. I will give that a try this weekend.

?

Upon close inspection one can clearly see the contours of a raute on the right sleeve:

Any suggestions which?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    It is very difficult to find information or even photos of these very early PL brown shirts. Also, there is no TR literature dealing with these issues. However, I did find a thread showing a complete PL uniform of a Zellenwart from around 1933. The brown shirt has silver buttons; unfortunately you can't see if the buttons have eagles or not because the pics are a little blurry.

1st Pattern N S D A P Brownshirt

I have good photo of the early Blocleiter (Blocwart), but can't see buttons

Here is better photo of the Zellenwart brownshirt, it has silver eagle buttons:

-TJ-

Check on YouTube regarding the cleaning of copper, silver and gold coins. Dilute white vinager and table salt is often used, but listen to what the experts say before you attempt to clean any metal insignia.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast